Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People truly piss me off

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:02 AM
  • 18 Replies
We had a party for dd today, and someone thought they needed dh's new game more than him. Really idiot. Break your probation for a video game?

We knew exactly who it was. A friend saw him acting shifty, remove his sweatshirt. After the party, we noticed it was missing. We were hoping a child picked it up and moved it. Yeah, no. I went to the local game store, bought a new copy, and spoke to the manager. Our guest had just traded in that game. He doesn't have an Xbox 1, so why would he have the game. Also, his wife saw it in the car.

Eta: we had him arrested. I know I should have put that in my original post, but I hadn't finished my coffee. I know, petty to have him arrested over a video game, but it's more the principle. You try to give someone a break, and they kick you in the teeth. No, it's not naivety. I was trying to give him a chance. Thankfully we will be getting the money back from the second game, and he did break his probation, so back in jail with you. I feel for his wife, truly.
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:04 AM
Somebody?????

How many people at this party was on probation? Maybe you need a new circle of friends
MOM-RN
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:04 AM
How about don't have ppl on prohibition in your house.
Becsmom217
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:08 AM
We knew exactly who it was. Only 1, and he's a friend's husband. A friend saw acting shifty, but I wanted to believe that the children misplaced it. I knew it wasn't true, but that's what I wanted

Quoting Anonymous 1: Somebody?????

How many people at this party was on probation? Maybe you need a new circle of friends
702girly
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:13 AM

Stop inviting criminals into your home. Problem solved.

Becsmom217
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:14 AM
Theft wasn't his problem before. We took precautions for everything else. It wasn't a violent crime either

Quoting 702girly:

702girly
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:16 AM

Well, theft is obviously a problem for him now. If you invite him back again after this, you're an idiot.

Quoting Becsmom217: Theft wasn't his problem before. We took precautions for everything else. It wasn't a violent crime either
Quoting 702girly:

Becsmom217
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:22 AM
He was arrested

Quoting 702girly:

Well, theft is obviously a problem for him now. If you invite him back again after this, you're an idiot.

Quoting Becsmom217: Theft wasn't his problem before. We took precautions for everything else. It wasn't a violent crime either

Quoting 702girly:

Nice_Dragon
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:23 AM
Are you going to confront him ?
Becsmom217
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:32 AM
The police did. I told his wife, while I was still in the store buying another copy, that I was calling the police.

Quoting Nice_Dragon: Are you going to confront him ?
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:32 AM
I'm curious...what was he on probation for?

Quoting 702girly:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)