Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Who is cooking corned beef brisket today?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:09 AM
  • 36 Replies
I got mine in a slow cooker today... It has been cooking since 430am and will be in there until 330pm. I am drooling as the aroma is filling the place up! I used bay leaf, onions, baby carrots,peppercorn, pickled spices, half of the seasoning packet that came with it and a whole bottle of Samuel Adams Boston lager. How did you make yours? Or how do you plan to make it?
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
two4one
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:12 AM

I'm not cooking it, but I'll be eating it, lol. We are going to my in-laws to watch a parade, then heading back to eat. I don't even know how to cook it. How do you do it in the slow cooker?

Bluescorpia
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:14 AM
I put all the ingredients in 1st then the beef....on low heat for over 11 hours. The last 2 hours, I will add cabbage and potatoes. It comes out soooo good!

Quoting two4one:

I'm not cooking it, but I'll be eating it, lol. We are going to my in-laws to watch a parade, then heading back to eat. I don't even know how to cook it. How do you do it in the slow cooker?

mcginnisc
by *Claire-Bear* on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Nope... I loathe it so I don't make it...

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:15 AM

I will on st Patrick's day.  Not today.

Bluescorpia
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:16 AM
I only like it from the slow cooker. I know the taste isn't for everyone :)

Quoting mcginnisc:

Nope... I loathe it so I don't make it...

two4one
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:16 AM

I think I can do that... I hope, lol. Thanks!

Quoting Bluescorpia: I put all the ingredients in 1st then the beef....on low heat for over 11 hours. The last 2 hours, I will add cabbage and potatoes. It comes out soooo good!
Quoting two4one:

Peyton and Mackenzie~11/22/04

Do Not Breed or Buy Labels

zoegirlsmom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:17 AM
I will on the 17th, but I use a bottle of Guiness and a 1/2 cup brown sugar + that seasoning packet.
Bluescorpia
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:18 AM
I'm working 10 hours that day and I didn't want to be at work while it was cooking lol. I put a lot of effort in it to make it taste so good. How do you usually make yours?

Quoting Spam72:

Bluescorpia
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:20 AM
This will be my 3rd time cooking it... This time, I googled recipes and I looked at the reviews. I took some notes down and just winged it lol

Quoting two4one:

I think I can do that... I hope, lol. Thanks!

Quoting Bluescorpia: I put all the ingredients in 1st then the beef....on low heat for over 11 hours. The last 2 hours, I will add cabbage and potatoes. It comes out soooo good!

Quoting two4one:

Spam72
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:21 AM

Quoting Bluescorpia: I'm working 10 hours that day and I didn't want to be at work while it was cooking lol. I put a lot of effort in it to make it taste so good. How do you usually make yours?
Quoting Spam72:

I dry it off, brown it, then stick it in the crock pot with the seasonings used as a rub and a bit of water. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)