Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Still swollen after getting eyebrows done??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Ill start off by saying my skin is SUPER sensitive and i havent got threaded in almost 3 years. I pretty much just trimmed or plucked here and there. Nothing much and nothing too rough. So friday i went to get my eyebrows and top lip threaded and it was so much more painful this time around because of how sensitive my skin has gotten from years of not doing it anymore. When i got out my top lip and eyebrows were so pink and puffy. Yesterday it went down a little but you could still see my eyebrows a little puffy and pink. Now today is sunday, its been two days now and its still a little puffy. I have some pink puffy blotches on my top lip and eyebrow area. Now i know my skin isnt used to it anymore so i knew it would be sensitive but how long before this puffiness goes down? It makes my eyebrows look awful.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:26 AM
Didn't your mother warn you that if you kept making a face it would get stuck like that? And you thought she was pulling your leg.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:55 AM
Wtf are you talking about?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Didn't your mother warn you that if you kept making a face it would get stuck like that? And you thought she was pulling your leg.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:03 AM

Why not just do it yourself??? Not the threading, but taking care of your eyebrows and lip yourself. Do-it-yourself wax strips are sooooo easy.

(but then again, I dont understand why people dont do their own brows, paint their own nails, etc)

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:05 AM
Ibuprofen. Before getting it done.

Prevents my skin from swelling, hope it helps you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM
Did they put antiseptic stuff on after? Maybe that's the cause and not the threading itself.
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:08 AM
When I get it done it's usually swollen for 2 to 3 days then goes away.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:03 AM
I said in my post that i usually do it myself and havent done them at a salon by a professional in years.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Why not just do it yourself??? Not the threading, but taking care of your eyebrows and lip yourself. Do-it-yourself wax strips are sooooo easy.

(but then again, I dont understand why people dont do their own brows, paint their own nails, etc)

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:06 AM

Ice it for a bit. Ouch mama :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:08 AM
I totally forgot how long the swelling can last since i havent done this in years. I think mine will last a couple of days as well. I just looked and they seem a little better compared to this morning but still a little puffy. It will probally go down completely as the week passes.

Quoting KyliesMom5: When I get it done it's usually swollen for 2 to 3 days then goes away.
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:14 AM

I would apply ice and an antibacterial oinment for the swelling.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)