Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you stop wiping your kid's a**?

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:05 AM
  • 32 Replies
My dd will be 4 in may. She was kind of a late potty trainer but has been fully trained for 7 or 8 months. She still wants me to take her to the bathroom though she can go and wipe herself. It is not a big deal but what age "should" she independently do it?
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mompam
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
She should do it around now. But I helped my kids long after 4. They could do it alone when they had to, but didn't do the greatest job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this
School will naturally sort that out for itself in a year or so. Just make sure she can do it herself, and if she wants you, go. I made ds start doing it himself when I was pregnant and too tired to walk up and down a flight of stairs just to wipe an ass lol. He was 4.5.
jjames1990
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
This.

My girls just naturally started doing it on their own because the teachers weren't going to.

Quoting Anonymous 1: School will naturally sort that out for itself in a year or so. Just make sure she can do it herself, and if she wants you, go. I made ds start doing it himself when I was pregnant and too tired to walk up and down a flight of stairs just to wipe an ass lol. He was 4.5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
You want her to be ready for school so work on it now. It's not a big deal though.
PartyOfGirls
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

My kids were potty trained really early so they learned early, and being in Ont, school starts at 3 1/2 to 4 yrs old and they must be able to wipe their own ass by then, so my kids did.

DD 4 does her own.

hart57
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
My 4 year old goes to preschool and they will not help her. So we started. I knew they wouldn't help in kindergarten, but didn't know about preschool.

She has to wipe first and call me to check. It's a process, somedays she does great, other times not so great. Hopefully she will get better by fall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:24 AM
1 mom liked this

The one trained at 18months was fully independent by 2.5yrs. The one that was trained at 4yrs old was independent within 2 months of training. When I knew they could do it on their own I stopped helping and started leaving the room. If they asked me to stay I would say something like "you are a big kid now and need privacy to go potty. You can call me if you need anything"

mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:26 AM
1 mom liked this

When he was out of diapers. which was right before he turned 3.

He was old enough to understand, and I watched and gave him guidance for a while until I was sure he got it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this

nellyoleson
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:31 AM
Love the giant 2!

Quoting Anonymous 4:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)