Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about herpes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My sister went to the Dr and found out she might have herpes.... She will find out the result in 1 week. She has been with her boyfriend for 5 years and they are both committed to each other. They are both trying to figure out who was the one with it if it does come out positive. My sister had an ex who had cold sore so she is worried about that one.. her boyfriend was with couple women before they got together. Is it possible for her to get him from him if he has no outbreak? The dr think she might have it because of a skin lesion.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:59 AM
Its possible she got it from the guy with the cold sore and its definitely possible that it got transmitted from her current boyfriend
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:01 AM
She said that they were talking about if this comes out positive, they will work this through and not point fingers.

Quoting Talkingheads: Its possible she got it from the guy with the cold sore and its definitely possible that it got transmitted from her current boyfriend
Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:03 AM
I was just answering your questions. I said nothing about pointing fingers

Quoting Anonymous 1: She said that they were talking about if this comes out positive, they will work this through and not point fingers.

Quoting Talkingheads: Its possible she got it from the guy with the cold sore and its definitely possible that it got transmitted from her current boyfriend
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:06 AM
That wasn't a defensive answer toward to you lol sorry. I was adding that in.

Quoting Talkingheads: I was just answering your questions. I said nothing about pointing fingers

Quoting Anonymous 1: She said that they were talking about if this comes out positive, they will work this through and not point fingers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:08 AM

He should obviously get tested too.  I think there is a test that can tell how recently she contracted it.  I have no idea how that works, I'm sure it can't pinpoint a date, but I heard people talking about it at the blood testing place.  Maybe she would want to ask about that.  But if they don't want to point fingers, that might be info they don't want to know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)