Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feeding my family from the freezer this week

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 81 Replies

Monthly is here and I feel like garbage all around, in a ton of pain even through Aleve and Tylenol as often as I can take them, so family is eating from the freezer this week.  I feel bad about it but on top of FT work I doubt I'll have the energy to cook.  DH doesn't know how to make anything aside from heating a can of soup or frozen pizza, so that's what is going to happen.

On the flip side, we finally found a great Chinese takeout place after living here 5 years!  Woot!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:27 AM
Ok?
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:38 AM
1 mom liked this
At least they're being fed. Not a big deal to me. Chinese is good.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:42 AM

If you dont care why bother posting?  Personally I feel like a shitty person if my family has to eat processed crap all week because I don't feel good.  If you don't feel the same, good for you.

Quoting LaughCryLive: Ok?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:43 AM

That's what I figured.  Better than waiting for hubby to figure out it's his turn for dinner.  Or worse, having to ask him to do it which always irritates me because he never volunteers.  He does do laundry daily though so I guess we're even in that way.

Quoting amje: At least they're being fed. Not a big deal to me. Chinese is good.

Southe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM
Good way to clean out the fridge
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM

Neither of you can throw stuff into the crockpot?  There are quite a few recipes that have minimal ingredients.  If you're feeling guilty, work around it.

DallasCowboys81
by Don't live in Texas! on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM
It happens. I do it from time to time, especially during baseball and football season. We are to busy for huge meals let alone ones that take hours to prepare. Crockpots come in handy tho. I do 2 meals in my crockpot a week.
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:44 AM
I'll never understand how people "can't" cook. If you can read, you can wing it. Anyway, hope you feel better.
LaughCryLive
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:45 AM
I pull chicken and frozen veggies out of the freezer. You didn't specify stoufers. I'm sorry you need my validation.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

If you dont care why bother posting?  Personally I feel like a shitty person if my family has to eat processed crap all week because I don't feel good.  If you don't feel the same, good for you.

Quoting LaughCryLive: Ok?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:46 AM
If he is an adult it's long past time for him to learn to cook. Otherwise, feed your kids from the freezer and leave him to starve. He will learn quickly!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)