Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I told DH if he came home pissed one more time I was done!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 57 Replies

Okay long story as short as possible DH has always had a bad relationship with alcohol. He rarely drinks because of this.Many years ago he got so pissed one day with his friends that there was a huge fist fight and one of them got charged with assault. My DD could have been charged also (he was involved with the fight)

I told him that if he wanted to be with me he would have to give up the alcohol. I told him it had no room in our lives. I even agreed to give it up myself to be fair. So we could go out and not drink together. (I honestly really love my wine and beer tbh so it was a pretty rough adjustment) 

Last night he said he was going over to his parents house. While he was there his brother rocked up and they decided to grab some food. All a pretty normal occurrence so I didnt think differently of it

Until about 10 pm when I noticed he still wasnt home. I shot him a quick message telling him I was going to bed. He said he would be home soon. 

At just after 3 AM I woke up to hear a huge crash. I had no clue what was going on. I got my gun and walked downstairs. There was my husband passed out in the middle of the doorway. 

I shook him and he got up and said that he loved me so much and he was glad I wasnt mad. Of course I was mad. He had opened the door so hard he broke a pane of glass. 

I got some cardboard and boarded it up. 

This morning when he woke up (he was still on the floor by the door) he threw up everywhere. He then proceeded to act like everything was normal

I told him to clean up hit shit, fix the door, and that we needed to have a talk. He said no. There was nothing to talk about. He is a grown adult who can drink when he wants. 

I told him that he is free to do whatever he wants but I will do the same. If he comes home pissed one more time I am done. I will pack up my stuff and be gone so quick. 

I am so close to doing it now. He has not apologized once all day. 

To be clear I am not taking this lightly. He had to spend a lot of money to fix that door, he wont be sleeping near me any time soon, and I made an appointment with a couselor next week-if he doesnt want to go I will be packing. 

I can tell he is sorry he just is bad at apologizing which is making me even more mad 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:00 PM
I would be done, at least take a break
Bieg9093
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:01 PM
1 mom liked this
Good job not shooting him. I might not have exercised similar restraint.

Don't text and drive. 

That doesn't mean you can look at your phone at red lights or stop signs or if you think you can do it quickly or if traffic's slow.  Just don't.  You're an adult.  Exercise some impulse control.  Quit driving like a 4 year old. 

PoisonEyeV
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:01 PM

Does pissed = drunk?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:02 PM

Yes

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Does pissed = drunk?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
You're acting all badass, "if he does it one more time". Please if what you described brings him no consequence, it wont next time either. I don't understand you women who pick terrible men just to have a man.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:02 PM
Then be done. He's not sorry.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:02 PM
Then be done. He's not sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:04 PM

Oh there are consequences now. That door is very expensive. He spent all of the money he was saving to fix up his car to fix it. He also wont be sleeping near me any time soon. 

He is usually not terrible. After the 25 years we have been married this is the second time we have had any issue at all, the first being the whole fight thing. 

Quoting Anonymous 3: You're acting all badass, "if he does it one more time". Please if what you describes brings him no consequence, it wont next time either. I don't understand you women who pick terrible men just to have a man.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:04 PM

I had to tell mine that something similar once.  He cleaned up but still, he knows if he starts drinking again the kids and I are moving on without him. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 12:05 PM

I can tell he is. He is just really bad at apologizing. 

Quoting amje: Then be done. He's not sorry.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)