Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So embarrassed by SO!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 66 Replies

Got up and took myself and our 3 kids to mass this morning.  During the 2nd reading, my SO strolls up the aisle and just stands in the aisle glaring at me and gesturing that we come with him.  In order to avoid an even bigger scene, I did as he wanted and we left with him.

All the way home I got a lecture about what's wrong with the church and how it was not an ok place to take our children, blah blah blah...

And know all I am getting is the silent treatment... so embarressed and frustrated!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 13, 2016 at 1:59 PM
Did you know he didn't want you to take the kids to church or was this out of nowhere?
ChrissyReznor
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Hold on tight to this one honey he sounds like quite a catch!
Heyyou2
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM

You chose to have no back-bone, be a door-mat, be disrepected or you chose to live your life the way you want, on your terms & with your values.....it's up to you.

nashville27
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:01 PM
Wtf! You need to give it to him and put him in his place
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:02 PM

I have always gone since he has known me and as we have had kids I have taken them too.  It's only been about the last 6-7 months where it has become an issue.  He's studying aka fixated on studying other spiritual studies and thinks I am limiting myself and our kids by subjecting them to church.

Quoting Danesmommy1: Did you know he didn't want you to take the kids to church or was this out of nowhere?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:02 PM

Church is so fucking boring!

dandynorm
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM
I'd be upset if my husband suddenly took the kids to church. But we're atheists. And even then, I wouldn't make a scene in public.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Ok so how soon do you plan to make him your ex? If he has no respect for your beliefs then he needs to take himself down the road. Is this the first time this has happened?
81Crystal
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Time for you to put him in his place. He's trying to bully you.
mylilsunshine
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:06 PM
As I probably would have got up just as you did just to avoid a scene, I definitely would have given him a piece of my mind.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)