Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So I normally don't do this...

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:31 PM
  • 20 Replies

It's not very normal for me to create a post, I usually just reply. Today I'm feeling pretty down, and I don't have my mom, my best friend to talk to anymore. 2016 has turned out to be the worst year in my life. First, it starts from a slip, and me slipping discs in my neck = hospital bills coming in. Then my dear mother, my best friend passed away on Feb. 9th unexpectedly at the very young age of 59. This has torn me apart, I am not the same person as I was before. It has been extremely hard to cope with her loss, and now the bills of her funeral are coming in- she did not have life insurance, and I'm the one responsible for the costs. My oldest DD took it very hard, and attempted to kill herself on Feb 21st. I was very close to losing her as well, fortunately I know my mom was watching over us at that point, and doctors were able to save my DD. She was hospitalized for 3 days, and is now on a safety plan. I am very thankful for my DD to still be here, but this has caused more bills to come in. 

Feb 28th, some idiot who doesn't know how to park, hit my van while I was shopping, and just left. Took out the tail light, cracked my bumper, and left lots of scratches and paint transfer on my van. New tail light was $120.00, that's just for the light not to get anything else fixed on the van. I was hoping that was it. I just really couldn't handle anymore at this point. However, this black cloud I have hanging over my head isn't quit finished yet. On Sat March 5th I stubbed my toe so hard I broke it, and while jumping and screaming profanities, I jumped on my basement step, slipped off and ended up breaking my left foot = more bills. 

I'm so overwhelmed right now, in a matter of not even three months I have managed to rack up over $10,000.00 in bills. I'm so very stressed about that, but what hurts most is I don't have my mom to talk to about it. My heart is so broken right now, I'm not sure how I am supposed to go on with "normal" life when my normal life consisted of talking to her, and seeing her everyday. 

I'm not looking for sympathy, I'm not looking for handouts, hell I'm not even looking for people to reply to this. I guess I just needed to put it somewhere, and try to get it off my chest. 

by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:34 PM
I'm sorry your having a hard time. It will get easier. It just takes a while.
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:37 PM

I am so sorry this all happened in such a short period of time.  Take things one step at a time.  Bills happen, but take care of the most important ones first.  Set up payment plans and try not to over extend yourself financially.

by Loree on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:39 PM
I'm sorry :(

Easier said than done but not amount of worry will fix money issues, so try to just take one moment at a time. Talk to your mom still if that would help.
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM
Damn, when it rains it pours. Keep putting one foot in front of the other. You'll get through this.
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:40 PM
Vent away! You are experiencing loss on several levels.
I don't know your financial situation but I would get in touch with the hospital and see if they can work with you on those bills. Most medical bills won't accrue interest so at least that part is a plus.
Know that your Mom is still with you in every breath you take, as you are her legacy.
I wish I could give you a big hug.
Sending you love is all I can do.
Take it one day at a time.
Keeping my fingers crossed that things improve greatly in your very near future.
You are stronger than you know.
by I'm listening. on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:42 PM
Holy Christ. I'm sorry. Feel free to message me anytime you wanna talk.
by vera on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:43 PM
These are tragic events for you and your daughter...however hon...the hospital and doctors will write off the financial their offices and start that may help for the stress levels.
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM
Wow! You need to be careful. Car insurance should pay for your car. Also ask for video of the parking lot on that day. For your mom and daughter so sorry only time will help.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:44 PM

by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 2:46 PM
I'm sorry that you are going through all of this. *hugs*
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)