Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking kids to outdoor concert...

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
My kids are huge Journey fans. Since the baby was born the best way to calm him down from a tantrum is putting on Separate Ways.. Lol. Stops his tears in an instant.

Dh and I love Journey too and they will be playing with their new front man at Jones Beach in June. We were thinking about spending the day at the beach then hitting the concert with ds8 and ds 1.5.

I mean it's journey.. It's not slipknot..

It's an outdoor concert and we are grabbing mezzanine seats.

But should I bring foam ear protectors for the little one? Anyone bring their kids to a music concert? How did it go?
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cutebaby06
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:23 PM
That sounds like fun. Yes I would take them.
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:25 PM
I wouldn't take an 18 month old to a few concert
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:26 PM
I'd bring eat plugs just incase. I think I was 8 when I went to my first concert and I do remember my ears being bothered but it was an indoor arena
2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM
That's what I'll do, just in case

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'd bring eat plugs just incase. I think I was 8 when I went to my first concert and I do remember my ears being bothered but it was an indoor arena
Ted1242
by I'm listening. on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:31 PM
Totally jealous, and have a great time!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM
I took my 4 year old to see the presidents of the USA outside last year. She had a blast dancing around! And a few days before that my mil took DD to trooper at the same venue.
Have fun!!!
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:32 PM

Depends on the setting. We have taken all of our kids, 8, 2.5, and 2.5 to concerts since they were babies, but it really depends on the venue. Sometimes they go without ear protection, but that is only if it's a big open lawn concert where we can sit far back, away from the speakers and where we can go off to the side to not bother anyone if one of the younger children start crying or fussing. 

If it's a more closed venue where there are speakers everywhere, we always make the kids wear noise cancelling ear protectors, good ones, not the foam ones that you stick in their ears. A concert is just not worth damaging their hearing. 

I have been to the Jones Beach stadium, I wouldn't take a 1.5 year old since it isn't an open lawn concert, it's a seated stadium that will be very loud, very crowded, and you will bother people if the baby starts crying. I would bring the eight year old with proper ear protection.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:33 PM

I would do lawn seats so the kids can spread out & the little one can be entertained with toys.  Yes, bring earplugs/noise reducing headphones just in case. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:40 PM
We just took our kids to an outdoor Fall Out Boy concert. First concert for both of our kids. I have to say that it was amazing. My son didn't love the waiting to hold our spot for hours, but we brought his iPad to play on during the hours of waiting. Because it was outdoors, the music wasn't painfully too loud. It was truly just right.
2lilanklebiters
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM
Thank you. I've been to jones beach too, that's why we are picking the mezzanine seats, fewer people and they are cheap... So if he starts really fussing we will just leave. But I think he will do well he loves loves loves music

Quoting lenashark:

Depends on the setting. We have taken all of our kids, 8, 2.5, and 2.5 to concerts since they were babies, but it really depends on the venue. Sometimes they go without ear protection, but that is only if it's a big open lawn concert where we can sit far back, away from the speakers and where we can go off to the side to not bother anyone if one of the younger children start crying or fussing. 

If it's a more closed venue where there are speakers everywhere, we always make the kids wear noise cancelling ear protectors, good ones, not the foam ones that you stick in their ears. A concert is just not worth damaging their hearing. 

I have been to the Jones Beach stadium, I wouldn't take a 1.5 year old since it isn't an open lawn concert, it's a seated stadium that will be very loud, very crowded, and you will bother people if the baby starts crying. I would bring the eight year old with proper ear protection.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)