Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how well do you know your at home daycare provider?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

during about a 10 yr span me and my childhood bff were molested by her brother. He only went to jail for 2 yrs, got out and moved near her mom. Because of this my childhood bff lives in another state away from her family and refuses to talk to her mother.  Anyways this girls mother has been doing at home daycare for over 20 yrs! and feels her molester son would never touch any of the kids ..... I am floored! surely he would molest those kids or at least sneak pics of them. And no kid has come clean with being touched but it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. It took me and my bff 10 yrs to come forward about being molested!

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:07 PM
I know her pretty well. She has a 8 year old son who's in school all day. She has a fiancé who's at work all day. But still, I trust her to keep my children safe. If I didn't, my kids wouldn't be going there.
I try not to think about all the bad things that could happen to my kids everyday. Anything could happen. No matter what precautions we take.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:08 PM

Why haven't you contacted the police, or at least the state licensing board? He's a convicted sex offender, he cannot live in that house.

This is another example of why I prefer licensed day care centers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:12 PM
She is my MIL so I know and trust her very well. Our newborn will never be watched by anyone except family.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Why haven't you contacted the police, or at least the state licensing board? He's a convicted sex offender, he cannot live in that house.

he lives NEAR the daycare and they are 6 states away not sure there is anything I can do about anything other then just pray about it

mary716
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:26 PM
Extremely well....lol I'm a sahm

But that is truly frightening.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:55 PM

There's a lot you can do, you just may not want to do it.

For starters, call the state licensing board, explain that you have reason to believe a convicted sex offender has regular access to the daycare site. If he ever goes over to his mother's house, this is not an untrue statement. You can do that without having to spread your story.

For another, you could contact the families who utilize that daycare and explain that the woman's son is a convicted child molester and has recently been released from prison, and his mother refuses to believe he would ever do anything wrong. If you don't know any of the families, you could contact a few people you know in the town, and explain it to them...word like that gets around pretty fast.

Seriously, making even a single phone call is better than praying that a convicted child molester doesn't molest any more children when his mother runs a daycare out of her home.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting Anonymous 3:

he lives NEAR the daycare and they are 6 states away not sure there is anything I can do about anything other then just pray about it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)