Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it better to pierce your ears with a needle and not the gun.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
?

And would YOU ever go to Clair's
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:47 PM

Less scarring issues. A gun uses force to push an earring through. A piercing needle removes a small core of skin.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:48 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:48 PM

As far as i know it's not but who knows.

ColieO
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:48 PM
A needle supposedly causes less damage where a gun just forces a blunt post through and causes tissue damage.

I used to have 3 holes in each ear and all were done with a gun. Those posts were almost as sharp as a needle and it went way faster.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:50 PM
I had mine done with a gun at walmart a long time ago and no issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:50 PM
I've never known anyone in my whole life to have issues with the gun including myself. That being said I wouldn't go to Claire's to have a teenager do it. I took my daughter to the same jeweler I went to and the same guy who did mine(25 years ago)did hers.
ColieO
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:50 PM
Oh and my first holes were at Claire's, the other 2 from Piercing Pagoda. All were done with a fresh disposable gun straight from a sealed package.
kenoss19
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:53 PM
We've always done ours with a gun. My dad is a jeweler, and he pierced mine, DD's, my sister's, and all of my niece's.
ki19
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:56 PM
A gun using a semi sharp earring causes crushing as it uses force to pierce. A piercing done by a piercing needle cuts a V shaped notch as it goes in, which heals more cleanly.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:57 PM
I've never know anyone with issues either. However that's all I ever read on here.

Quoting Anonymous 4: I've never known anyone in my whole life to have issues with the gun including myself. That being said I wouldn't go to Claire's to have a teenager do it. I took my daughter to the same jeweler I went to and the same guy who did mine(25 years ago)did hers.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)