Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do people let their kids...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 34 Replies
Act like brats in public.

I'm sitting at the laundry mat and there's a mom with 2 kids and her youngest looks about 2 and he is just being such a brat.

He's throwing toys at people and hitting his sister and just not behaving very nice.

I would never allow my child to act this way especially not in public.

The mom is off doing the laundry and just not paying attention to her kids at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I've only been in a laundromat a few times, but they didn't ever seem like high class establishments.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:55 PM
I don't allow my kids to act like brats but my dh says I act like one lol. He just called me one last night.
admsj5
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:57 PM
I saw a kid about 6 or 7 kick his dad 4 or 5 times in the leg in the grocery store (Publix) over candy earlier today. Guess what the kid got- candy!!
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:58 PM

Some think that being a kid means being obnoxious and its no big deal if a little kid acts that way.

Summerlion1123
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:59 PM
Woah

Quoting admsj5: I saw a kid about 6 or 7 kick his dad 4 or 5 times in the leg in the grocery store (Publix) over candy earlier today. Guess what the kid got- candy!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 4:59 PM
No their not high class but that's no reason to let the kids a act like brats.

When I bring my daughter she is either nicely playing with the toys, or if I bring her and there are other kids here she wants to play with them. (I don't have my daughter today. She was napping when I left) or I bring coloring books with me so she can have something to do.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I've only been in a laundromat a few times, but they didn't ever seem like high class establishments.
admsj5
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Oh yeah, I couldn't believe it. I followed them down 2 aisles to see how it would play out. I would have snatched my kid up and been out of there so fast, but obviously this kid is a repeat offender and his dad is a repeat pushover.

Quoting Summerlion1123: Woah

Quoting admsj5: I saw a kid about 6 or 7 kick his dad 4 or 5 times in the leg in the grocery store (Publix) over candy earlier today. Guess what the kid got- candy!!
TruthSayar
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:01 PM
They're

Did the kids hurt you?

Quoting Anonymous 1: No their not high class but that's no reason to let the kids a act like brats.

When I bring my daughter she is either nicely playing with the toys, or if I bring her and there are other kids here she wants to play with them. (I don't have my daughter today. She was napping when I left) or I bring coloring books with me so she can have something to do.

Quoting Danesmommy1: I've only been in a laundromat a few times, but they didn't ever seem like high class establishments.
PartyOfGirls
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:01 PM

IDK why people allow their kids to act like that, but its not my problem so I don't care. Sometimes its hard to tell if the kid is a brat or has sn of some kind. I just ignore what strangers do

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 13, 2016 at 5:01 PM
That's true. I'm pretty lucky that DS is a quiet kid, but I know some are very rambunctious.

Quoting Anonymous 1: No their not high class but that's no reason to let the kids a act like brats.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)