Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Vehicle for a 16 year old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 49 Replies
DH and I want to get our DD a used car for her birthday. Would a car be better or a SUV? We are looking to spend no more then $6,000
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:43 PM
I think starting small is best...
Ds will most likely build(inside wise a few cosmetics) his first car with his bio dad because that's what his dad does and it's something they always do fix up his cars and make them all amazing lol not going to lie this guy will buy a 600-900 vehicle from a junk yard fix it up and make it look perfect, and make it run perfect.

Our daughter depending how old our car is will probably get ours if I want something new at that point OR we will help her buy one.
Same thing with our youngest.
MOM-RN
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:44 PM
1 mom liked this
Start small and make sure it is good gas mileage and the insurance is decent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:45 PM
That sounds neat. Neither DH nor I know how to build cars. I agree with you a car would probably be better for a 16 year old thank you.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I think starting small is best...
Ds will most likely build(inside wise a few cosmetics) his first car with his bio dad because that's what his dad does and it's something they always do fix up his cars and make them all amazing lol not going to lie this guy will buy a 600-900 vehicle from a junk yard fix it up and make it look perfect, and make it run perfect.

Our daughter depending how old our car is will probably get ours if I want something new at that point OR we will help her buy one.
Same thing with our youngest.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:46 PM
Thank you that sounds like a great idea. I am thinking maybe a Chevy Malibu or something like that would be a great start.

Quoting MOM-RN: Start small and make sure it is good gas mileage and the insurance is decent.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:49 PM
Go with a 2 door that has a small engine
Kids do not need alot of engine power they are just starting out and need something that is cheap on gas
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:50 PM
Smaller
MOM-RN
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:51 PM
That is still a pretty large car. I was thinking a small car like a kia soul.
My DH has a new Malibu and it isn't the greatest on gas and it isn't comfortable long distance. (It's a company car so we don't have a choice)

Quoting Anonymous 1: Thank you that sounds like a great idea. I am thinking maybe a Chevy Malibu or something like that would be a great start.

Quoting MOM-RN: Start small and make sure it is good gas mileage and the insurance is decent.
LoveMyRoan
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:51 PM
Check out toyota rav4. An older 2007 or so. I have one with only 30 thousand miles. I love it and its grown with my fanily... Im 21
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:52 PM
Thank you that sounds good

Quoting Anonymous 3: Go with a 2 door that has a small engine
Kids do not need alot of engine power they are just starting out and need something that is cheap on gas
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 8:53 PM
Thank you

Quoting Anonymous 4: Smaller
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)