Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

older moms.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 47 Replies
I'm not going I live long enough to see my youngest turn 40. My brother is 40 with a baby on the way. He'll be 50 when the baby is ten. He's not going to see his baby grow old either. This is sad. Do you think about these things?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:18 PM

I'll be 76 when she turns 40. Women live a long time in my family, so there's a good chance I'll be around to see it.

thatgirlyouknow
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh. He could live to 100 and see his baby grow up to be 60.
MamaWanna1982
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:20 PM

How old were you when you had your child

Heyyou2
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:20 PM

I think you are absolutely ridiculous

StoicLife
by Katerina on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this
My grandmother had my mother when she was 42. I'm 31, my mom is 60 and my grandmother is 102 (just turned 102 on March 6)
Slick_Shoes
by Data on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I guess I'm an older mom? I will be nearly 70 when my youngest is 40. I don't feel like an "older" mom, so, no, I haven't really thought about it. 

kajira
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:22 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is 44, we are pregnant right now. We aren't done having kids. Do i think about it? Not really. they'll make it adulthood and raise their own families, and while I'd like us to all live long enough to see our grandkids, if my kids wait until they are older ot have kids, that's their choice too. ;)

theboyfactory
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:23 PM
Nope. I live my life for what it is, not for what it may not be. I'm here now and enjoying my children.
PartyOfGirls
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

My great grandmother is 99 yrs old, she has lived long enough to see great great great grandchildren.

and all her children but 1 out of 7 are still here.

I do not worry about such trivial things.

goodygumdrops
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

My grandmother was 40 when she had her last.  She is in her mid 90's putting us younger ones to shame.  She not only has lived long enough to see her youngest turn 40, but long enough to see the same "youngest" become a grandmother too.  

Personally, I'll be in my late 50's when my youngest graduates and I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)