Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

That's what I've been saying!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies
When I was younger, I wanted a big family, at least 4 kids. I'm one of two, my older sister doesn't want any kids, never did, and my mother pinned all her hopes for lots of grandkids on me.

So, I met a great guy who also wanted a big family, we got married, we decided to try for our first, I got pregnant...and holy hell that shit sucked big, hairy, monkey balls. No fucking way was I ever doing that nonsense again. I was so sick and miserable that my husband had a vasectomy before I ever even delivered. He refused to risk putting me through that again.

My mother said from the start that we'd regret that, that we shouldn't do it. Then she started sending us information on reversals and saying, I'll just say I told you so when you have your next.

Well, our son is 12, and I still have no desire to get pregnant again, and I certainly don't want to start all over again. It seems like it has finally sunk in for my mother, and she's turned into a nightmare. She was busy with her career and had a new man in her life when I had our son, so she wasn't around much. She's always said that she was looking forward to being there for the second on and more from the start.

Well, now that she's realized he's a one and only, she's become absolutely horrible to deal with. She berates me, tries to guilt me, turns on the water works, she's given us pamphlets and put us on email lists for adoption agencies, foster care, and fertility clinics. She's sent me links to sperm donor profiles.

I've been saying this for years, and NOW she's starting this mess?! And whenever I say something, she acts like this is brand new information for her.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Why didn't she have more kids? Is it too late for her to have more? If it isn't, then tell her to get busy. If she's had her tubes tied or a hysterectomy or whatever, tell her about adoption.
Rosehawk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Stop discussing it with her, and walk away/hang up when she brings it up.

Bieg9093
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:54 PM
Quoting amje: Why didn't she have more kids? Is it too late for her to have more? If it isn't, then tell her to get busy. If she's had her tubes tied or a hysterectomy or whatever, tell her about adoption.

Love it. Give her some pamphlets. And news clippings of elderly women having bad idea.

Edit...I typed back lies.

Babies.

My Kindle understands.

Don't text and drive. 

That doesn't mean you can look at your phone at red lights or stop signs or if you think you can do it quickly or if traffic's slow.  Just don't.  You're an adult.  Exercise some impulse control.  Quit driving like a 4 year old. 

mischele
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:54 PM
Oh what a mess. DH wouldn't stand for it he would cut her out of our lives. He did it to mil a few years ago
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:55 PM
Perfectly worded.

Quoting amje: Why didn't she have more kids? Is it too late for her to have more? If it isn't, then tell her to get busy. If she's had her tubes tied or a hysterectomy or whatever, tell her about adoption.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:59 PM
I do, but it's non stop, texts, emails, every single time I see her.

Quoting Rosehawk:

Stop discussing it with her, and walk away/hang up when she brings it up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:00 PM
It's my mother, but I'm close to doing that.

Quoting mischele: Oh what a mess. DH wouldn't stand for it he would cut her out of our lives. He did it to mil a few years ago
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:00 PM
She hemorrhaged when I was born and had to have an emergency hysterectomy, so it's been too late for her for a while.

amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:00 PM
I'd only speak to her until she started in with her BS, then hang up or walk away every time. Or, maybe you should guilt trip her all the time about wanting more siblings, a brother, having divorced parents, and anything else you can think up. When she gets the point, stop.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Then be a big adoption advocate.

Quoting Anonymous 1: She hemorrhaged when I was born and had to have an emergency hysterectomy, so it's been too late for her for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)