Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why yes, we are moving for MY job

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 74 Replies
I accepted a position as an ED assistant nurse manager. It's several states away and requires us to move. It's something my husband and I discussed at length and we decided it was a good thing for our family and to do it. Since we've announced this move, my mother in law has gone off the deep end.

1st, it was "how can you make your husband move for YOUR job? What a horrible wife you are", followed by many degrading comments relating to my career, my suitability as a wife, and my worth as a person.

Then, it turned into what a horrible, horrible mother I am forcing my children to move and wrecking their lives by removing them from their school and friends and ripping them from their grandparents. We'll actually be closer to my parents, they'll only be about 30 minutes to an hour away, depending on where we end up buying a house, so they'll still have grandparents around.

At the rate she's going, mil won't even be invited to our new home, and she won't be seeing any of us before the move. Dh and I told her that today, that she needed to keep her opinions, ignorant as they are, to herself or she won't even be able to see the grandkids while we're still here. I just can't wrap my head around her idea that since I'm a mother, I have no right to a career.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:53 PM
Maybe she's upset because she won't be able to see her grandchildren so often anymore.
star33
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:55 PM
Good luck.
MamiJaAyla
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 9:57 PM
Congratulations! !!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:00 PM
1 mom liked this
If she worded it that way, I would understand. That may be part of it, though given how conservative she is I do think a big part is just because we're moving for my career, rather than my husband's.

Quoting Anonymous 3: Maybe she's upset because she won't be able to see her grandchildren so often anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:00 PM
Thank you!

Quoting MamiJaAyla: Congratulations! !!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:01 PM
Thanks!

Quoting star33: Good luck.
mischele
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:02 PM
MY mil is a pain in the ass to
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm honestly glad we're moving further away. It'll be nice to put some distance between us and her.

Quoting mischele: MY mil is a pain in the ass to
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:04 PM
Will your husband be able to find a job fairly easily?
alannahsmom217
by Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:06 PM

Congrats and ignore her

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)