Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

friend gave me back EVERYTHING i have ever given .

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies

A few months ago me and a friend stopped being friends.  She was my BEST closest friend of 16 years.   I recently sent her a text asking if she could give me back the set of books i LOANED her last year that my sister gave me as a birthday present and the trueblood seasons I loaned her too, a gift from my recently decessed Aunt.   And said if I had any thing of hers I borrowed to let her know and I would drop it off or send it through the mail.   Whatever she prefered. 

Friday I came home and on my doorstep was 2 boxes.   They had the things I asked for.   AND pretty much everything I had given her.  EVER.   Pictures of my kids.  The picture I gave her of us at my wedding.  The nechace I gave her for being my maid of honor.   Birthday and christmas gifts (books, movies, photoframes,  Art work) the tree artwork I painted for her Babies nursery, the Wedding Ring Quilt I made her for her wedding present, the baby blanket I crochet.   Everything.   

I sat on our porch and bawled.   Just bawled.  I was still hurting from the ending of our friendship.   And she does this?

I really don't know what to do or how to feel.   

Do I go through and gather all the stuff she has given me and return it?

*****SINCE EVERYONE KEEPS ASKING. 

She says I judged her during her pregnancy.   Although at the time she kept talking about her coworkers were judging her because she hated being pregnant.  I did ask her how she was feeling a lot.  (do you still feel sick? have you felt the baby moving?   Are you able to sleep okay yet? ----she had bad heartburn)  And I told her it would all be worth it when she had her sweet baby in her arms.   

And she said I lied to her because I didn't tell her I was really really sick after she had her baby.  I didn't want to dampen her joy or make her feel I was trying to overshadow the birth of her child. And we found out within days of the birth of her child.   So I waited 2 months (and until I met with all my doctors to find out what needed to be done) when I knew what was going on.  And what the plan was.   

I really felt i would be worse to tell her this while she was so happy.  And dealing with being a new mom. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chickensmommy
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:37 PM
I would donate what I Could
Why did the friendship end?
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:37 PM

Just move on, man.

Foxilady
by Nymph on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:39 PM
Obviously she's hurting and angry too
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, don't worry about digging up things she gave you, she would have asked for them back if it was an issue. She wanted to hurt you, and knew that doing that would hurt you. She wanted to make it clear that you aren't part of her life anymore, that she's going to move on and forget you.

Yes, that hurts. Yes, it's terrible. But it's done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:40 PM
It obviously ended for a reason so I wouldn't be upset.
She did it out of hurt feelings and spite because you asked for certain things back.
I wouldn't waste my tears.
lollip0p
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:40 PM
What happened? Why did you two fall out?
MeAndTommyLee
by Angie on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM
What was the falling out over? If you're crying, your hurt. Since she's giving you back everything..
she's angry. Obviously you both care and are holding in a lot of unresolved stuff.

Back story??
theResidentCat
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:41 PM

Im sorry :(

holyhellokitty
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:42 PM
wow
LacinyC
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Ouch

16 years and she's that shady?
What did you do? Does it involve Fakebook?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)