Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I say something, or just do it myself?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
My neighbors put their trash out TWO WEEKS ago, and an animal got into it and tore up trash all over her yard and my yard. I know it wasn't from my trash because I take mine to the dumpster at work. Anyways, my question is should I tell her she needs to get out there and clean it since it was her trash, or should I just do it since its in my yard?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:06 AM
Toss it into hers. No reason to have your property looking trashy because she refuses to pick up after herself
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:08 AM
2 moms liked this
Just be the bigger person and clean it up. Frankly, I wouldn't want another person in my yard, even if it was to pick up their trash.
Austinsmom35
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:14 AM
I'd ask her to. We had neighbors whose teen boys wouldn't lock the lid on the can and the raccoons would get into the trash. They lived upstairs, the cans were near our parking spot for our apartment. We'd call up and tell her, she'd send the boys down to clean it up.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:14 AM

I'd toss it in her yard.

DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:15 AM

Toss her crap into her yard and let her handle the mess from there.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I would think this post was about me, luckily our neighbors do not have children so I must be in the clear.
We have a major issue with raccoons in our neighborhood. I swear the bastards have learned how to undo bungee cords.
Just pick the trash up. You neighbor probably doesn't see it or know that it is her trash. Why would you leave it for 2 weeks?
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:25 AM
2 moms liked this
You've had trash in your yard for two weeks & are just now debating what to do? As irritated as I would be, I would have picked up the trash in my yard the day it happened.
sarahfaith123
by sarah_luvs_2_b_mama on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:26 AM
Clean it myself then tell her

Why does she put it out so far ahead of trash day?
nervousmom2b
by on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:29 AM
Just calmly and politely ask her to clean up the mess. It doesn't need to be a big deal.

Quoting Anonymous 1: My neighbors put their trash out TWO WEEKS ago, and an animal got into it and tore up trash all over her yard and my yard. I know it wasn't from my trash because I take mine to the dumpster at work. Anyways, my question is should I tell her she needs to get out there and clean it since it was her trash, or should I just do it since its in my yard?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 14, 2016 at 1:43 AM
Do you have a blower?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)