Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:39 PM
  • 28 Replies

I really really do.  

Its to sweet.  And not enough real flavor.   

Ive hated it since I was 15.   Now I am 35.   I still hate it!!!! 

SOOOOOOO why does my family keep giving it to me.   LOL   Then they get mad when I don't eat it.  

My daughters birthday part was 8 days ago.   My birthday was 6 days ago.  We have cake come out of our ears.   I have barely touched mine.   Its moist, bland and sweet enough to kill an elephant.

SOOOO two questions.

How in the world do I get them to stop giving me cake.  

AND 

Do you have something you hate that people keep giving it to you or making you eat it?

by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quirky_mama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Send it my way! This pregnant lady will take care of it! lol So if you dislike cake what would you rather have as a desert on your birthday?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:42 PM
So tell them to stop buying it because u will throw it out and it will be wanted money for them. But say it brutally honest.
Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Ask them for a non traditional birthday cake. My husband likes a devil's food cake with fresh whipped cream and peaches. Maybe a strawberry shortcake.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:44 PM
Send it my way. I freaking love cake.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate cake also. I make pie or Tira MI su for my birthday.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:46 PM

Ask for birthday flan.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Do you dislike cake in general or just this specific kind? We've always made/bought really delicious cakes whether it's for a birthday, other celebration, or just because cake is yummy.
DensHag
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:47 PM
Tell them you'd rather have pie, ice cream cake or whatever you want. I don't see anything wrong with stating a preference. We always let the birthday person pick their meal, dessert included.

I always make my Dad a tart cherry pie for his birthday.
1TallMamaCA
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM
I'm allergic to eggs.. So I make soda cake, and its in no way bland, I also make my own frosting so I control the sweetness.

But my parents bought me birthday cakes every year that I couldn't eat. The would alternate years on their favorite cakes. So basically as a small child I blew out the candles and was then told I couldn't have any.. Really awesome
fostermommy1
by Gold Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM

I don't eat birthday cake either, I don't do things that have people blowing over it.  But I don't make a big deal, I acept it, say thank you and pick at it, cut it up and push it around.  Don't be ungrateful, they are trying to do something nice.  Doesn't mean you have to eat the whole thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)