Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The current fb debate wdyt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I live in a rural area. Earlier today a house burned to pretty much nothing. Now in this area whenever a house is on fire the flames are barely out and donations are being gathered for the family. They don't say names but they'll say ages and clothing sizes.
But today when this house caught on fire the neighbors are threatening legal action because someone posted a picture of the house on fire. they say it's a major invasion of their privacy. The picture was taken from the street and the owners were already notified about the fire.
What do you think?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:48 PM
That should be the least of their worries right now. And they should be thankful that their family is safe.

I know how stressful losing a house can be. Our house burned almost to the ground and we lost our family dog and newborn kittens.

BUT, this was years ago and social media wasn't anything like it is now. So your neighbors may very well benefit from the pics posted online, it could very well help with people donating to help them out.
amje
by Maynard's Bitch on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:50 PM
I don't even know...

Eh, I don't really agree with that. For several reasons.
danie24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:57 PM

You're allowed to take and share photos of anything you like.. as long as you take the photo on public property.

There is nothing they can do, legally.

dwh
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:58 PM
Ok this may be a stupid question, but the complaint was made by the family's whose house caught on fire or their neighbors? I may be reading it wrong.
HellHound
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 10:59 PM
Way to make it about them. Fucking self-absorption.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:05 PM
Their neighbors. The family is on vacation and has been notified but as far as I know they don't know it's on Facebook. The neighbors are saying they are going to tell the family to take legal action.

Quoting dwh: Ok this may be a stupid question, but the complaint was made by the family's whose house caught on fire or their neighbors? I may be reading it wrong.
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:05 PM
Who wants a pic of the worst day of their lives and posted it on Facebook? So because they're upset someone posted a pic on Facebook people don't want to help? How many of you ladies would be fine with someone taking pics of YOUR house and posting it on Facebook?
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:06 PM
They should they pic had no business being posted on the first place.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Their neighbors. The family is on vacation and has been notified but as far as I know they don't know it's on Facebook. The neighbors are saying they are going to tell the family to take legal action.

Quoting dwh: Ok this may be a stupid question, but the complaint was made by the family's whose house caught on fire or their neighbors? I may be reading it wrong.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:06 PM
Really no different than a news organization rubbing the story
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:08 PM

Quoting HellHound: Way to make it about them. Fucking self-absorption.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)