Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Taking in a pregnant 16 yr old

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My dd16's best friend is pregnant. She showed up on our doorstep in tears. She wants to keep the baby. Her Mom says abortion or get out.

Her stepdad showed up at the house and offered us money every month to pay her expenses if we let her stay until he can find a more permanent solution. He's bringing her things tomorrow.

I know it's a lot to take on but I love this girl and would never forgive myself if I didn't help her.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:13 PM
Good for you mama. She's lucky to have such a good friend. Good luck with everything.
SourRoses
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. I would do the same thing.

Quoting vegaswife2011: Good for you mama. She's lucky to have such a good friend. Good luck with everything.
andreamarie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:14 PM
Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. My dd has a small, very tight knit group of girlfriends. I have ended up "adopting" them all as my "extra daughters". I love them all very much.

Quoting vegaswife2011: Good for you mama. She's lucky to have such a good friend. Good luck with everything.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:15 PM
That's very nice of you, I can't say I'd do the same thing.
quirky_mama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:17 PM
My prayers are with you! If she really doesn't want to terminate the pregnancy I can imagine her being pushed into would create a bunch of other issues. It's awesome you're willing to support her and allow her a safe space.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:17 PM
Well thank you. In good conscience, I could never turn her away

Quoting Anonymous 2: That's very nice of you, I can't say I'd do the same thing.
bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:18 PM
I'd take her in too.
DarksMama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:19 PM
Her mother is a grade A asshole.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 13, 2016 at 11:20 PM
I definitely believe she doesn't want to terminate. Her sister was pressured into an abortion a few years ago and it has really stuck with her.

Quoting quirky_mama: My prayers are with you! If she really doesn't want to terminate the pregnancy I can imagine her being pushed into would create a bunch of other issues. It's awesome you're willing to support her and allow her a safe space.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)