Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my sons in anger management

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1 Replies
Before anyone slams my son let me tell you what happened first. I have posted about this before so it may sound familiar.

Back in Dec my son got into a fight at school with his bully for 3 years. School wouldn't do anything and my ds got sick of being bullied and fought back.

Both kids got juvenile citation, teen court and so forth.

My son got 24 hr community service, jail house walk through, 3 jury duty sessions, and 3 anger management sessions.

Tonight my son was doing his last anger management session.

Apparently they brought up fighting. They said if someone punches you, you aren't supposed to fight back, you should walk away, if you arever being gang up on, you are supposed to walk away.wtf. how exactly is that supposed to work.
I don't anyone who is going to be hit and not fight back. I know it isn't how I was raised and it isn't how I raise my children. If someone hits me, it is on. My children are raised to never start a fight but to never walk away from one.

This fight my son got into, the kid was bullying him like pushing him down, walk by him and slapping him in the neck. Usually a teacher was close by and would remove my son before he got physical. This time it was different, a teacher wasn't close by and my son came back at him.

And walk away from being gang up on. I told ds that he should have raised his hand and said well what are you supposed to do when you can't walk away.

They said fighting back Is retaliation not self defense.

I am so glad this shit is done and over with fir my son now.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:33 AM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)