Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Voting questions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
Tomorrow it's voting day in AZ, I'm a registered libertarian, can I vote for a different party? Or at all?

Yes I know probably a stupid question, but I honestly don't know the rules for primaries.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:02 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:05 AM
I don't know for sure in your state, but in mine, you can only vote for your party in the primaries. I'm a registered independent. So I don't get to vote in the primaries. I'm pretty sure it's the same in AZ. If you were able to vote, they would have sent you something in the mail, I'm sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:06 AM
And, just to add... you can vote in the general election. For whoever you want to. The primaries are just for choosing the candidate that they will be sending to the general election.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:08 AM
My husband is an independent so he can't vote but I don't know where I fall! I didn't get anything in the mall but I also don't do early voting, I actually go to the poll. If that makes a difference.

Quoting Anonymous 2: I don't know for sure in your state, but in mine, you can only vote for your party in the primaries. I'm a registered independent. So I don't get to vote in the primaries. I'm pretty sure it's the same in AZ. If you were able to vote, they would have sent you something in the mail, I'm sure.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:09 AM
That I know, this is just the 1st primary where I'm not registered as an independent so I'm not sure!

Quoting Anonymous 2: And, just to add... you can vote in the general election. For whoever you want to. The primaries are just for choosing the candidate that they will be sending to the general election.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:14 AM
At this point, it's just voting for a nominee for the Republican or Democrat party. So, no, you can't take part in the process. I first said I wasn't sure about AZ but that was dumb. Lol. Unless your party had a candidate to vote into the general election, you won't be voting yet. Hold tight. You'll get your vote in November!

Quoting Anonymous 1: That I know, this is just the 1st primary where I'm not registered as an independent so I'm not sure!

Quoting Anonymous 2: And, just to add... you can vote in the general election. For whoever you want to. The primaries are just for choosing the candidate that they will be sending to the general election.
Maime13
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM

In my state you can vote outside your party for primaries.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 23, 2016 at 2:26 AM

In NC, an independent or unafilliated voter can vote for which party they wish in the primary.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)