Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend Moved In

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

For the most part, he's been a huge help.  He is here for the kids when he is off work and I am working.  He pays half the bills.  He helps with everything else financially.  

The issue:  He leaves messes everywhere.  Things like napkins or drink cups.  Small stuff that he could easily pick up.  It's just frustrating.  I worked from 11 am to 10 pm today and I come home to a messy kitchen after spending the entire weekend busting ass to get the entire house clean.  

Now he's passed out.  He said "kids are tiring mentally".  I didn't get a chance to exlain to him that I work 10+ hours a day at least once a week (I have two jobs) and then I get to come home and take care of everyone else.   

Maybe I'm just venting.  My kids aren't his responsibility and I appreciate every bit of help but he does live here and I do expect himto help clean.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:36 AM

bump

SaskMummy
by Mandy on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:39 AM
Men are over grown children, get used to it lol
bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:41 AM
Get him to help clean
He'd understand then
readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:44 AM
It's an issue but you just have to discuss it. He may never get it though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:51 AM

I'm kind of feeling this way.  He has no kids.  Eventually that will change when he is ready to have his own.  There are a few things.  Idk, I'm digressing.

Quoting readyforhim: It's an issue but you just have to discuss it. He may never get it though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:56 AM
Good luck with that, I married a neat freak because my ex was the same way and I couldn't take it anymore lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:57 AM

I'm not even a neat freak at all but i literally spent my weekend cleaning the entire kitchen and diding room.  Then my monday, I work 11 hours and come home to a mess!!  Ugh!!  Just stupid shit that could be picked up easily!!!  And he drank my last Angry Orchard :P

Quoting Anonymous 2: Good luck with that, I married a neat freak because my ex was the same way and I couldn't take it anymore lol

readyforhim
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:59 AM
Not at all, you have a valid point, it's totally frustrating.
But...he's helping in other ways and you want him to keep helping. He will get it with time if you talk about it instead of fighting about it. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I'm kind of feeling this way.  He has no kids.  Eventually that will change when he is ready to have his own.  There are a few things.  Idk, I'm digressing.

Quoting readyforhim: It's an issue but you just have to discuss it. He may never get it though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I need him to understand that the life i Live is far removed from the kid free lifestyle he is used to.  My responsibilities never end. Sometimes I feel like he doesn't let me get a break but I feel like he will understand how hard it is to do what I do after a while.

Quoting readyforhim: Not at all, you have a valid point, it's totally frustrating. But...he's helping in other ways and you want him to keep helping. He will get it with time if you talk about it instead of fighting about it. Good luck.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:14 AM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)