• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend Drinks Half A Fifth A Day

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

Idk what to do anymore.  He is usually fine but it still concerns me.  He wakes up sick andall that bad stuff.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:13 AM
Sounds like a drinking problem.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:14 AM
Quoting mattiehatter: Sounds like a drinking problem.

Well yes lol, that is where my concern lies.

mattiehatter
by Mary on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:16 AM
Try talking to him and see if there are some issues going on triggering him to drink.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:17 AM
1 mom liked this

That would concern me as well that he finds it acceptable to drink so much alcohol.  What does he say when you tell him that his behavior bothers you?  Honestly I don't think I could continue being in a relationship with someone who is so dependent on drinking.  That type of behavior tends to get worse, not better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:19 AM

I've tried.  The issues were present long before we came around.  I think that is just how some of us were taught to deal with stress.  He does have a lot of new stress.  Moving in with a divorcing mom of two.  The issues with my ex are great though so he doesn't have that stress.  I really don't know.  I often wonder if he isn't happy with me but idk.  his alcoholism isn't my issue so at least I know that..

Quoting mattiehatter: Try talking to him and see if there are some issues going on triggering him to drink.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Snakecharm
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:19 AM
Exactly. He would need to make a change. I wouldn't enable that behavior. Ultimatum time. Contact AA.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That would concern me as well that he finds it acceptable to drink so much alcohol.  What does he say when you tell him that his behavior bothers you?  Honestly I don't think I could continue being in a relationship with someone who is so dependent on drinking.  That type of behavior tends to get worse, not better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:21 AM

And oh boy do I know that.  I have two children six years apart from different fathers and they both had this disease....  It leads me to think that there is something wrong with me to keep picking them.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:41 AM

Alcoholism is a terrible disease.  Your children don't need to be exposed to this type of behavior and neither do you.  Your gut is telling you that you don't want this behavior around you and you don't want to deal with it in your life.  I would end this relationship.  Good luck and ((hugs)).

Quoting Anonymous 1:

And oh boy do I know that.  I have two children six years apart from different fathers and they both had this disease....  It leads me to think that there is something wrong with me to keep picking them.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 5:43 AM

My husband used to drink when we were single but who can afford to drink whenyou have kids. Tell him he needs to go to the doctor and get into a program.

April620
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:06 AM
Good thing he's just your bf. I would leave now and focus on your kids. 2 kids by 2 different dad's, so you really need a 3rd?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)