Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your SO ever...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 150 Replies
9 moms liked this
Surprised you with construction? I woke up from a nap yesterday to find my dh doing demolition on our bathroom. We have talked about redoing it before but it was mostly just talk. I was very surprised he said it's my birthday present. Luckily we have the exact same taste and he does construction so I'm not worried about how it will turn out at all, I think he is so sweet for doing this.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mmm2015
by Eldouchedegrande on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:12 AM
1 mom liked this
No we work together on things like that. I would be dissapointed cause he knows i like planning and budgeting and shopping
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:14 AM
I'm the opposite lol I usually hand him the reigns on this stuff anyway.

Quoting mmm2015: No we work together on things like that. I would be dissapointed cause he knows i like planning and budgeting and shopping
bcoll
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:37 AM
No. This house is 116 years old. We have tried to main its character when changing things. Its usually talked to death. Lol

He does sound sweet though. Happy birthday. :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:38 AM

No my husband wouldn't do construction as a birthday present for me. 

I mean he would do construction on the house for me just not as a birthday present.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:40 AM
If he had discussed it before then I wouldn't mind! But if it was just out of the blue.....well I don't like surprises very much! I would still be great full though. It's a very nice gesture.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:46 AM
14 moms liked this
This is most likely his thought process...

Crap her birthday is coming up > what do I get her, she has everything she needs > I have a slow week coming up > I would really love to use a sledge hammer right now > I'll remodel the bathroom!!

He would never admit to how he comes up with stuff but I guarantee he realized it was my birthday, panicked, then noticed a sledge hammer lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I mean he would do construction on the house for me just not as a birthday present.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:48 AM

That's sad, Im so sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is most likely his thought process... Crap her birthday is coming up > what do I get her, she has everything she needs > I have a slow week coming up > I would really love to use a sledge hammer right now > I'll remodel the bathroom!! He would never admit to how he comes up with stuff but I guarantee he realized it was my birthday, panicked, then noticed a sledge hammer lol.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Newmom8912
by Crystal on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:49 AM
Lmbo that would be dhs thought process as well

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is most likely his thought process...

Crap her birthday is coming up > what do I get her, she has everything she needs > I have a slow week coming up > I would really love to use a sledge hammer right now > I'll remodel the bathroom!!

He would never admit to how he comes up with stuff but I guarantee he realized it was my birthday, panicked, then noticed a sledge hammer lol.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:50 AM
Not my exdh. But one year the week of Thanksgiving (the day mom was going to have 40 people over...) dad decided she needed a new kitchen floor. I'm still surprised he lived through that one lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:51 AM
8 moms liked this
I don't think so, I would rather him remodel a bathroom than buy me jewelry or something that I won't use and probably have two of already. I'm hard to shop for, at least he remembers my birthday and thinks of something.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

That's sad, Im so sorry.

Quoting Anonymous 1: This is most likely his thought process...

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)