• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

C section

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:27 AM
  • 22 Replies
Sunday I had to have an emergency c section. I am miserable. Evey time I move my incision stats to burn. And my son is a fussy newborn so I'm getting in and out of bed constantly. The pain meds only take a little bit of the edge off. Anyone experience this. Any suggestions to make recovery easier?
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:29 AM
A C-section girdle and keep moving around, it will get better.
oryxx31
by Captain Cook on Mar. 22, 2016 at 6:30 AM
I agree, moving sucks for awhile but it's the only way to get it better.
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:09 AM

I'm sorry :(   I was fortunate to have my dh stay home for a long time (3-4 weeks?) and he basically did everything for me so I wasn't in a lot of pain and healed really quickly.   Can you rest more?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:11 AM
As crazy as it sounds the more you move the better and quicker you were heal. I thought my doctor was full of shit when he told me that. But he wasn't.
Salut123
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:13 AM

Get moving

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:14 AM

Only get out of bed to use the bathroom (although you are supposed to walk regularly)  Have somebody bring you your baby when he is fussy. Hold him more often.  He is used to 100% contact.  No c-section mommy should be left alone for the first week.

MadManW.ABox87
by Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:14 AM
Move move move! Walk as much as you possibly can. I'm so sorry mama. I feel your pain. It's so hard to take care of a newborn when you can't take care of yourself. Day 7 was my turning point. Hang in there.
two4one
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:17 AM

You're home already? It's only Tuesday. Why'd they send you home so soon after and emergency c? All I can tell you is that it will get better. Give it time.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:21 AM

Congrats on the baby!

I have had two c-sections and will be having my third in a few weeks. I know it hurts, but really, what everyone else is saying is true...moving around will actually help you heal. Do you have any fold over type yoga pants? I swear by them during recovery because they provide enough pressure and support to hold everything in, but don't rub on the incision or cause extra pain.

Even though it sounds contradictory, also make sure you are getting a decent amount of rest...your body needs it to heal.

If you feel like you are in an abnormal amount of pain or if you think your in incision is infected, call your doctor. Hang in the there!

2m2t
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 7:22 AM
I had 2 c-sections and every time I tried to move a lot (it helps if you'd been physically active during the pregnancy). In about a week I was perfectly fine.
To help getting out of the bed, while you are laying in bed, lift your knees to your chest and push your upper side of your body up with your arms. It should result in a roll that brings you to the edge of the bed. This way you won't put pressure on your abdomen. Anyway, give yourself 3-4 days and you should be better. If it doesn't get better see your doctor.

Hugs!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)