Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I saw this on a BLM article....Do you agree??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies

I found this an interesting point of view (I mean in reference to the last response) what are your thoughts? Is Welfare the basis for many of our society's problems??

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:09 AM

I agree with everything HollyToo said. She pretty much hit it all right on the head, and sadly, she is correct that most people use welfare as a career choice, and legacy. Then, they riot, loot, and creat blockades, trying to show how "relevant" they are, and it only hinders their cause, instead of doing as she said, and getting an education, working hard to support their families, not depending on welfare generation after generation, and proving to other races they are willing to help themselves, instead of what they are doing. As Hank Williams, Jr said, "some people work for a living, and some people vote for a living", or in this case, loot and riot for a living.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:11 AM
I think howkensea is probably trolling.
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:12 AM

At what point are people going to realize how wildly innapropriate it is to talk about these things in a race specific manner?  Can you imagine if this was about white people?  They would freak.  Everyday there are threads about black people.  And you wonder why they feel attacked and judged.

Cloward-Piven was a turning point and some say it failed miserably.  I think poverty and violence are more the issues though.  It's damn easy to say to someone to pick yourself up out of the ghetto and make something of your life.  But when by the time your studious child is a young black 14 year old, if he hasn't joined a gang they will kill him.  It's almost impossible to escape.  I don't think Welfare is solely to blame. 

To be honest I don't even want to discuss what I believe was the real root of the problem, because it was a long ago, and people just get pissed off.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:12 AM
I agree in general that people need to start working for what they want. And I do agree that welfare in America creates a system that is incredibly hard to get off of. A lot of people also don't know that, at least here in NYC, Hasidic Jews are welfare leechers too. They have at least 6 kids (sometimes more) and get tons of benefits as well I used to nanny for a Hasidic Jewish family and the mother would give me their foodstamp card. The father did not work. He only went to religious school. The mother worked a part time job.
WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think any of those statements are limited to just black people
Canadiana
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:13 AM

How gross.  You just painted an entire race with the same brush.  And we wonder why they get defensive.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I agree with everything HollyToo said. She pretty much hit it all right on the head, and sadly, she is correct that most people use welfare as a career choice, and legacy. Then, they riot, loot, and creat blockades, trying to show how "relevant" they are, and it only hinders their cause, instead of doing as she said, and getting an education, working hard to support their families, not depending on welfare generation after generation, and proving to other races they are willing to help themselves, instead of what they are doing. As Hank Williams, Jr said, "some people work for a living, and some people vote for a living", or in this case, loot and riot for a living.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I don't think any of those statements are limited to just black people

I didn't feel they were either. I told my husband I feel like it's a generational thing. This whole generation is all about entitlement, no one wants to work for what they have.. They want everything for free. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Actually BLM has done far more damage to that race than anything I could ever hope to say or do.

Quoting Canadiana:

How gross.  You just painted an entire race with the same brush.  And we wonder why they get defensive.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:18 AM
I feel that directing it toward the black race was way off. It should have been a General opinion of people that collect welfare. Being black has nothing to do with it and the only reason to use a singular race is because you want to stir the pot even more

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I don't think any of those statements are limited to just black people

I didn't feel they were either. I told my husband I feel like it's a generational thing. This whole generation is all about entitlement, no one wants to work for what they have.. They want everything for free. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 8:19 AM
These statements are true for those who choose to live off of the government which is not limited to just African Americans.

Welfare is no longer a safety net, it has become a way of life. I work in social services and sadly I have heard the exact statement of, why should I work?

Whether people want to admit it or not there is a large segment of the American population that lives off of the government and/or supports themselves by illegal activities. Often those two go hand in hand because there is a big payoff for little effort.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)