Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm rolling in dough

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies

My flaky sister-let's call her Biscuit-leads a very unstable life. She has two children she drags through her messes. She is being kicked out of her apartment now due to no payments for several months. We invited her to stay with us for a while so she can get on her feet. She would have to make a long trip to do it, but she recently got a $15,000 settlement for being hit by a driver while she was on her bike. She could easily move up here, buy a house, a car, and be close to supportive family. She won't. Fine. Her decision.

So I told her let me know if she needs any help searching for apartments or if there was anything else I could do to help.

She asked me to send her some of my daughter's old clothes for her daughter. First of all, I have two other daughters who wear her hand me downs. Second of all, they weren't born in the same season so the clothes would be off in seasonal value. Third of all what the hell is she doing with her $15,000 if she's not taking care of the necessities for her kids?!

I just needed to vent.

Thanks for listening.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 22, 2016 at 9:58 AM
Sounds like her 15K is already gone. She wouldn't be the first one to blow through a windfall.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I cut out the financially irresponsible beggar in my family years ago. Best thing I ever did for my nerves and sanity!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Quoting bluebunnybabe: Sounds like her 15K is already gone. She wouldn't be the first one to blow through a windfall.

I agree. The only thing I know for sure she's bought so far is a new phone. Which is so much more important than clothing for her children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:08 AM

Quoting Anonymous 2: I cut out the financially irresponsible beggar in my family years ago. Best thing I ever did for my nerves and sanity!

I wish I could. I have to stay in touch with her for my niece and nepehw's sake.

sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM

No rent payments? Needs kids clothes? Yeah, there is no 15K anymore.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:11 AM
Where can I buy a house and a car for $15,000? Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:13 AM

Quoting Anonymous 3: Where can I buy a house and a car for $15,000? Lol

Where we live there'sa  house for sale for $6,000. It's not perfect. It needs some work. But she could buy it outright. the car would be an older one, but you can easily buy one here that will do for $2,000.00. Less if you go for a junker. And let me tell you, both of those would be leaps and bounds from where she is now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:18 AM

It's 15 grand....she likely used it to pay her back rent so she can stay whwere she is...you want her to buy an entire house and car for 15 grand?????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:19 AM

Quoting Anonymous 4:

It's 15 grand....she likely used it to pay her back rent so she can stay whwere she is...you want her to buy an entire house and car for 15 grand?????

It'd be a better use of her money. Totally possible in our area. Cheap, cheap, cheap and tons of programs to help those in need. It'd be an ideal place for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:20 AM

Quoting sammichmaker:

No rent payments? Needs kids clothes? Yeah, there is no 15K anymore.

That's my thinking too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)