Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kindergarten round up!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
It's tonight! Its crazy that my kid is going to kindergarten this year, time flies. He is very excited to see his new school. I'm excited with a bit of sad. No point, I was just making sure I had all the paperwork in order and I started thinking about it.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mompam
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:08 AM
I cried my eyes out when my first went. I couldn't control it. Good luck! He'll be fine.
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:09 AM
Ahh I remember those days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:10 AM

Aww, fun. He'll have a blast. Dont be sad. He's starting something new and exciting that will lead him to even bigger things in the future.

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:10 AM
My youngest starts kindergarten in August.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:11 AM
I cried on his first day of preschool, not in front of him. But as soon as I got in the car a bawled. He however did not. Its clearly more emotional for me!

Quoting mompam: I cried my eyes out when my first went. I couldn't control it. Good luck! He'll be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:12 AM

I was happy when my kids went to school.  I wasn't sad.  No that they are getting married and moving away, now that is sad.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:13 AM
I cried the first day each one went to preschool, I cried the first day each one went to kindergarten, I cried the day each one graduated elementary school, I cried the first day each one start high school, I cried the day the older two graduated high school, and I cried the first day the oldest two went to college. When the youngest one goes away to college I will cry again. It is amazing i have any tears left. Nobody told me how emotional motherhood was.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM
Watching him grow up is amazing. There is a big part that is happy and excited, but there is another part that is sad too. These things mean he's not my baby anymore!

Quoting Seagodess:

Aww, fun. He'll have a blast. Dont be sad. He's starting something new and exciting that will lead him to even bigger things in the future.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:15 AM
I don't think it is a complete sadness… More of a knowing that one part of their life is over and now it's onto a new part. You're always excited about the next step, but always little "sad" to see the last part end.

I would absolutely love to have a day with my toddlers again.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

I was happy when my kids went to school.  I wasn't sad.  No that they are getting married and moving away, now that is sad.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:16 AM

I loved the baby stage, newborn to 6 months the best.  I really did but I had super good babies.  

Quoting Anonymous 3: I don't think it is a complete sadness… More of a knowing that one part of their life is over and now it's onto a new part. You're always excited about the next step, but always little "sad" to see the last part end. I would absolutely love to have a day with my toddlers again.
Quoting Anonymous 2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)