Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever been or are you a Superintendent of an apt building ?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:26 AM
  • 5 Replies
The way things are going it looks like myself and my SO might be asked to be the Superintendent to the building we live in. He is basically already the building handy man ..and I do the cleaning but now I'm also showing vacant apartments. I made a joke to the landlord and asked if he was slowly turning us into the supers ...his response was laughter and then saying it depends...how would you feel about that? I said to be honest it would have to be something I would have to think about.
I wanted to ask you ladies the pros and cons about being a superintendent
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
It's usually a great deal or use to be. Ours was a husband, wife team. Martha and Bill. Older couple no kids. They received free rent, and other perks plus a small salary. I forget what else but it was worth it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:36 AM
No. My cousin was, but that's not a very pleasant story.
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM

One of the last buildings we lived in had a husband/wife team.  They got the same things that Martha and Bill did - free apartment, free utilities and a small salary.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's usually a great deal or use to be. Ours was a husband, wife team. Martha and Bill. Older couple no kids. They received free rent, and other perks plus a small salary. I forget what else but it was worth it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM

No, bump

Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:40 AM

I knew a couple of husband and wife teams.  The one I just posted about were okay, but hubby was a hyper type.

The second husband/wife team I remember was from the last building we lived in.  They were pretty awful.  They both drank and hubby wasn't trustworthy, to put it mildly.

It takes a calm couple, I think, to do well being superintendents.  Supers have to deal with all sorts of nonsense from some of the tenants.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)