• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My child needs insurance. Please help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies
I think I'm going to attempt to get my daughter private insurance. Like through a company. She qualifies for Medicaid but I've been waiting for her app the be processed for 8 months. She needs to see a dentist. Who/what insurance companies should I call? State farm is the only one I know of that does health. What am I looking at paying monthly. Dd is two. I've no idea where to begin.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
newwifenmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 AM
Medicaid should not take that long. Call them.
halsmommy14
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 AM
It doesn't take 8 months to process medicaid. You're probably going to have to refile or you should call your caseworker and ask what happened
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:35 AM

Unless you have a job that offers it you are going to pay A LOT. hopefully this all changes with a new president.

I would check out blue cross/blue shield.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:37 AM

You should call your worker. It shouldn't take 8 months to get Medicaid. Someone messed up. Private insurance is expensive. It can be over  a grand a month. You could try the marketplace, what most refer to as Obamacare. That's pretty expensive from what I've heard on here. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:40 AM
I have multiple times. They say there is a backlog of applicants, and not enough workers to process all the apps. The state is over burdened.

Quoting newwifenmom: Medicaid should not take that long. Call them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:40 AM
Private dental insurance won't cover most of it anyways. Take her in and pay out of pocket or charge it if you have a credit card. And in no state does it take 8 months to process a Medicaid application unless your files is lost.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:41 AM
I have. They say there is a backlog and not enough workers to get through all the applications.

Quoting halsmommy14: It doesn't take 8 months to process medicaid. You're probably going to have to refile or you should call your caseworker and ask what happened
newwifenmom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM
Call pediatric dentist in your area, some have payment plans. Also there are dental plans where you pay up front for the year and it reduces your overall cost.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have multiple times. They say there is a backlog of applicants, and not enough workers to process all the apps. The state is over burdened.

Quoting newwifenmom: Medicaid should not take that long. Call them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM
I have. Multiple times. They said there is a backlog of applications and not enough workers. The market place gave me a quote of 47.00 a month with a 8000 deductible that's almost half my yearly income.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

You should call your worker. It shouldn't take 8 months to get Medicaid. Someone messed up. Private insurance is expensive. It can be over  a grand a month. You could try the marketplace, what most refer to as Obamacare. That's pretty expensive from what I've heard on here. 

halsmommy14
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:43 AM
That doesn't matter. They have XX amount of days to decide your case. You need to contact a supervisor and maybe change offices.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have. They say there is a backlog and not enough workers to get through all the applications.

Quoting halsmommy14: It doesn't take 8 months to process medicaid. You're probably going to have to refile or you should call your caseworker and ask what happened
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)