Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overdrawn??? Impossible! *update*

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM
  • 92 Replies

Yesterday I deposited a check for $2616 into my bank account. They told me $200 was available immediately,the rest had a two-day hold on it. Fine,I don't need it now anyway. Today I get up and I have a message saying my account is overdrawn by $2219.  So I call. They say it's because of the hold. I wasn't overdrawn before I made the deposit and I didn't use my account between then and now.  Ever heard of anything so ridulous?

*update* It is now 6:52p.m.  I just checked my account again. It is correct now. The hold is still there,but the $200 is available along with the money I already had in there.

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Call them and find out. I'd be having a heart attack. I don't like my accounts getting low at all!
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:42 AM
I've never had that happen.
Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:43 AM

What? That doesn't seem right

CBMMOM
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I did call them. They said it was because of the hold. Nothing he said made much sense. Supposedly it will released tomorrow. But today I can't use my card because I am "overdrawn" because of making a deposit.

Quoting bigmouthbabe: Call them and find out. I'd be having a heart attack. I don't like my accounts getting low at all!

bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:44 AM
Call back or drive up there. Do you not have access online to see what cleared to make it overdrawn?

Quoting CBMMOM:

I did call them. They said it was because of the hold. Nothing he said made much sense. Supposedly it will released tomorrow. But today I can't use my card because I am "overdrawn" because of making a deposit.

Quoting bigmouthbabe: Call them and find out. I'd be having a heart attack. I don't like my accounts getting low at all!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM

Go online and look at your bank statement to see all the transactions.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:46 AM
That sounds screwy. Unless you withdrew the money, it shouldn't have any effect on your balance.
MommyOfOne2710
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:47 AM
Uh that's never happened to me before. Just because it's on hold doesn't mean they should withdraw the money. Are they going to charge you fees??
Momeficient
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:48 AM
OHMYGOD!

The same exact thing happened to me this morning except the amount was for $1750.

Do you happen to have Bank of America?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)