Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You CANNOT spoil a baby! EDIT

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 76 Replies
2 moms liked this
EDIT as in holding a baby.

If you think a baby can be spoiled, you probably don't need kids.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 10:58 AM
1 mom liked this
If you think everything is cut and dry,(unless you are talking about spoiling with love, then I would agree)... you probably don't need kids either.
Experts disagree with your blanket statement.
Baby4us09
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM
Oh boy!
cupcake_mom
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM
Depends on what you are spoiling them with......
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:04 AM

I agree with you OP. But be prepared for the bashing in 3....2....1.....

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:05 AM
I think you'd have to define spoiling. Babies definitely do get used to a certain treatment. By six months, my daughter HAD to be walked to sleep, then cuddle all night and boob every time she woke up because that's what we did when she was new. Some would call that a "spoiled baby." It was really hard to break her out of it, and even at 20 months, she will still beg to be walked and try to throw herself sideways in my arms before bed and I haven't done that since she was like eight months old, so I know she developed some very deep preferences during infancy.
thatgirlyouknow
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:05 AM
I agree
bigmouthbabe
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM
Agree! So much talk about sperm donors, but I see so many women that are just as bad at being "moms."
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM
Probably was the operative word, which would allow for the gray.

Quoting Anonymous 2: If you think everything is cut and dry,(unless you are talking about spoiling with love, then I would agree)... you probably don't need kids either.
Experts disagree with your blanket statement.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Wrong.  You can get a baby waaaaaaaayyyyy too comfortable being held all the time.  I know the post you're going on about and that mother needs to take care of her baby herself since she very likely created the situation.  It's beyond stupid to tell a sitter or daycare worker to wear one baby all day or hold one baby all day because her mother got her used to being held.  At that point, mommy either needs to break the habit or quit her job and take care of the mess she made.

Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM

I agree with this.

Quoting kmeow: I think you'd have to define spoiling. Babies definitely do get used to a certain treatment. By six months, my daughter HAD to be walked to sleep, then cuddle all night and boob every time she woke up because that's what we did when she was new. Some would call that a "spoiled baby." It was really hard to break her out of it, and even at 20 months, she will still beg to be walked and try to throw herself sideways in my arms before bed and I haven't done that since she was like eight months old, so I know she developed some very deep preferences during infancy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)