• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex wants to sue me

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM
  • 20 Replies

Back in late 2008-2009, I was dating this guy. He had a 2 year old son and was basically a single dad. The mom took her oldest son (4years old and fathered by a different man) and left state. 

So this relationship between me and the father got pretty serious and I ended up babysitting his son for him on the days I didn't have to work. 

We broke up because we just couldn't get along. Ever. We would fight about all sorts of random shit. Hell we'd fight about what brand of toilet paper to use. Not yelling matches but def arguing.

When we broke up, I moved back to the city. I took my clothes, laptop, and car.

Fast forward to today, 2016 and I find out that this guy is looking for me because he wants to sue me. Why? He's stating that I made him lose his previous job because he no longer had childcare on certain days. That I had left abruptly and he had to file for unemployment when he was let go due to attendance. 

He's also suing me for the costs of repairing my car which HE got into a fender bender with and he had agreed to pay for those damages, now he wants his money back.

To make matters worse, he's going to add in "emotional distress" caused by our breakup.

I cannot stop laughing!! he wants 5G for all of this. I think his ex wife is getting to claim their son this year on her taxes and now he's trying to make up for it. 

But how did I find this out? His ex wife's best friend sent me a friend request on FB and then told me all about it. Not that I 100% believe her but it does make me laugh. He won't get jack shit. I'm not working, I just get disability. 

Oh well. 

by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylinC03
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:37 AM
The first question the judge is going to ask is why he waited 5+ years to sue you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Oooh, sounds like something for Judge Judy.  She would tear him apart.

Picklepicker
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:40 AM

Most likely. My question would be, wtf do you mean "emotional distress"? People break up all the time, get over it LOL 

Quoting KaylinC03: The first question the judge is going to ask is why he waited 5+ years to sue you.

kristinm87
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
If this fuckery goes to court, PLEASE update! Sounds hilarious.
Leelee1008
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:43 AM

He would not get a dime LOL, and the judge would proably laugh him right out of the court room.

Picklepicker
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:46 AM

I haven't even been served so I can't 100% verify if this is going to happen. Just word of mouth.

Quoting kristinm87: If this fuckery goes to court, PLEASE update! Sounds hilarious.

DragonGirl319
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

My exdh did sue me.  He decided that the divorce decree wasn't fair, and took me back to court.  In the decree, he accepted most of the joint debt because I agreed not to ask for 1/2 his retirement account.  We'd been married 17 years and by the law it was mine if I asked for it. He decided I didn't have a right to it, so I should pay off more of the debt.  He made his arguement to the judge, and when I was going to respond the judge told me not to. He then told my ex he was an idiot and to stop wasting the court's time. Dismissed.  It was beautiful.  LOL  I hope you get to hear the same thing if your ex goes thru with it. 

ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:50 AM

Oh this sounds like it should be fun. he is going to get laughed out of the courtroom.

Picklepicker
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:51 AM

haha wow. I would've requested 1/2 of the retirement account if he thought he was going to sue me for another penny

Quoting DragonGirl319:

My exdh did sue me.  He decided that the divorce decree wasn't fair, and took me back to court.  In the decree, he accepted most of the joint debt because I agreed not to ask for 1/2 his retirement account.  We'd been married 17 years and by the law it was mine if I asked for it. He decided I didn't have a right to it, so I should pay off more of the debt.  He made his arguement to the judge, and when I was going to respond the judge told me not to. He then told my ex he was an idiot and to stop wasting the court's time. Dismissed.  It was beautiful.  LOL  I hope you get to hear the same thing if your ex goes thru with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 11:53 AM

lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)