Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bump in daughters present

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:07 PM
  • 3 Replies
So, my daughter just turned 4 and she wanted to go on a roller coaster for her birthday. We went to Disneyworld last year for my son's birthday (he turned 5)and she loved going on the roller coasters. Alot of the roller coasters there are 38", so I assumed in the course of a year she had grown enough to go on the roller coasters at Carowinds(1 and a half hrs away)or Six Flags over GA(3 hrs away). We live in SC, it seemed perfect. Her birthday was March 8. We did some cake and a little present with the understanding that over spring break we was going to Carowinds for two days and that was her real present. Well, I just measured her and she is only 41" and the roller coasters are 42". Both parks have some kiddy ones, but she won't like them. I can't spend 42.99 a person when she can't actually ride on a roller coaster. We were even thinking about getting a season pass to Carowinds since we are so close. We are going to go on another trip, but she cried when I told her. Sad little girl.
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM

thick soled shoes.  I think Sketchers makes some.

kayliza
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Yeah, I thought about that, but I could never forgive myself if something happened to her because she wasn't big enough and I took her on it anyway. All I can think is 'Why 42" and not 41"'
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM
Most of the standard rollercosters at carowinds are 48" the huge ones are 54".

Edited said 52" and it is 54"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)