Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This makes me just sick!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I have a 6 year old dd. When I was with her father we were never in a place to think about having a large animal like a horse. Now he is with a woman who has a few horses. DD and I were talking the other day and whipping horses came up. *she told her 3 year old sister to ask her teacher to make a pretend whip to whip the marry-go-round horses at her preschool* I said that we don't whip horses because it is mean and it hurts them. She then argued with me that I wouldn't know because I don't own any horses and her dad and his long term girlfriend do. She said that they whip the horses all the time and she does so while barrel racing. That makes me sick that they would teach her that. I told her that if I ever get a horse she will not be allowed to ride it if I catch her whipping it with anything. Horses may have a thick skin, but if they can feel a fly land on them, I am sure it hurts to be whipped...

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LisaStiles
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:12 PM
So you don't have any horses, yet you feel you know more about them and how to better handle them than your DDs new mommy, who has several horses? smh
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM

I'm not a fan of horses.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM
Thy probably use the switch when training them. Generally speaking, people don't actually whip the horses hard. Just to get their attention.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM

lol-ing at you

Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this
You clearly don't know anything about horses. Yes, a heavy handed whip would be abuse, but appropriate - light - use of a crop does not hurt them. Same with spurs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel hurting any animal cruel. Just as I find spanking a child to get their attention cruel and who is to say I didn't grow up around horses? Just because I don't own any now means nothing other than I know that financially I would not have what it takes to raise horses right now...

Quoting LisaStiles: So you don't have any horses, yet you feel you know more about them and how to better handle them than your DDs new mommy, who has several horses? smh

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:19 PM

Millions of people would argue that an appropriate spanking doesn't harm a child. Billions of people still disagree with it though (and I am one of them)

Quoting Libby22: You clearly don't know anything about horses. Yes, a heavy handed whip would be abuse, but appropriate - light - use of a crop does not hurt them. Same with spurs.

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM
How do you plan to train a horse without the use of a crop?
Libby22
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:20 PM
You are comparing apples and oranges. Children don't have thick hides. Children learn differently than horses. Children cannot kill an adult with one kick if they get out of line.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Millions of people would argue that an appropriate spanking doesn't harm a child. Billions of people still disagree with it though (and I am one of them)

Quoting Libby22: You clearly don't know anything about horses. Yes, a heavy handed whip would be abuse, but appropriate - light - use of a crop does not hurt them. Same with spurs.

cbkmom3
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree with this. Dh trained race horses for his dad and his business partner, and he has said the same thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)