Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

im so excited but kinda bummed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

my dh reserved a puppy from a newfoundland breeder for our ds's birthday. i'm super excited because i wanted one but kinda bummed because i just wanted to go to the shelter to get a dog for ds......still super excited to get a newfie though. dont know why im so bummed honestly, im really grateful he did this.

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:39 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Probably because you are paying for a dog, when so many shelter dogs die everyday, waiting for someone to rescue them. I'd feel bad about that too. All my dogs are rescues
GaleJ
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:43 PM
There are people that do "rescue" work for dogs of almost every breed. In the future if you want a certain breed do be aware of this, it saves those dogs from shelters that kill and directs them to people that know and understand the particular breed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM

still have to buy a shelter dog so no not that

Quoting Anonymous 2: Probably because you are paying for a dog, when so many shelter dogs die everyday, waiting for someone to rescue them. I'd feel bad about that too. All my dogs are rescues

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM

i know this *sigh*

Quoting GaleJ: There are people that do "rescue" work for dogs of almost every breed. In the future if you want a certain breed do be aware of this, it saves those dogs from shelters that kill and directs them to people that know and understand the particular breed.

locaporbebe
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM
There is nothing wrong purchasing a puppy from a responsible breeder. Congrats on the new puppy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM
1 mom liked this
You can't be bummed out yet, wait until he takes 10lb poops.
ALynn565
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:51 PM

Is it a big dog, or a small breed? Maybe you can get another dog too, but from the shelter and give the new dog a buddy.. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:51 PM

idc lol i grew up with wolf dogs, they are about the same size as a newfie and since i was the youngest i always got the poop job

Quoting Anonymous 3: You can't be bummed out yet, wait until he takes 10lb poops.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM

its a huge breed, they look like bears lol

Quoting ALynn565:

Is it a big dog, or a small breed? Maybe you can get another dog too, but from the shelter and give the new dog a buddy.. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)