Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please tell me why I'm wrong

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
2 moms liked this
I really mean that. I want well thought out arguments to reflect on.

I can't get my mind to accept transexuslism as anything but a mental illness. I'm not angry or disgusted, just feel bad for anyone that unhappy with themselves.

Thing is, in my mind its a problem wit out a solution. Taking hormones, surgery, ect., doesn't make you any more the opposite gender than you already were- they only make superficial changes that are permenent, dangerous, and can compromise sexual function and fertility.

Being born a particular gender shouldn't define who you are, gender stereotypes have been fading quickly the last 50 years or more.

But gender is a biological fact, and it's pointless and somewhat harmful to pretend otherwise.

Why I care, in case anyone asks, is parents are allowing their very young children to make decisions that effect their development and health in pursuit of the idea that they can change their genders. I think this is irresponsible of the parents and the medical community.

Anyone want to try to convince me otherwise?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm only here for the food.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM
I think if your aren't happy, it affects your entire being. I'm not transgender. But you'll never catch me in woman's clothing, ever. My self esteem plummets down, suicide thoughts enter my mind. It's just clothes but it's how I FEEL. I imagine transexual is almost the same way. They just want to be happy and this is steps for them to achieve that happiness.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Do you feel the same way about homosexuality as well? Essentially a way a mind feels is the way it is. A person forced to live a way they truly feel is wrong would be so much more devastating.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:45 PM
Where's MJ with the popcorn?
SDmomma-3
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM
3 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I brought the drinks, does that count??

Quoting fallenangel_353: I'm only here for the food.
Salut123
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree

Quoting Anonymous 1: I really mean that. I want well thought out arguments to reflect on. I can't get my mind to accept transexuslism as anything but a mental illness. I'm not angry or disgusted, just feel bad for anyone that unhappy with themselves. Thing is, in my mind its a problem wit out a solution. Taking hormones, surgery, ect., doesn't make you any more the opposite gender than you already were- they only make superficial changes that are permenent, dangerous, and can compromise sexual function and fertility. Being born a particular gender shouldn't define who you are, gender stereotypes have been fading quickly the last 50 years or more. But gender is a biological fact, and it's pointless and somewhat harmful to pretend otherwise. Why I care, in case anyone asks, is parents are allowing their very young children to make decisions that effect their development and health in pursuit of the idea that they can change their genders. I think this is irresponsible of the parents and the medical community. Anyone want to try to convince me otherwise?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Just be grateful that you and your kids aren't in this situation and MYOB as to what other parents do when faced with this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

because not supporting your children, and trying to force them to believe otherwise can be damaging. Children raised to resent or ignore something they feel is integral to them can make them ticking time bombs, especially when the hormones start surging. 

I dont know numbers, I know there are individual stories of people forced into genders they do not agree with who end up killing themselves. Of course some go through with the surgery and still kill themselves from the judgements of others. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Anonymous 3: Do you feel the same way about homosexuality as well? Essentially a way a mind feels is the way it is. A person forced to live a way they truly feel is wrong would be so much more devastating.

Not at all. If you are homosexual you can have a same sex relationship. Problem solved with no damage done.
sammichmaker
by soup sandwich on Mar. 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

I'll share!

Quoting fallenangel_353: I'm only here for the food.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)