Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does the golden rule apply when...

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:07 PM
  • 20 Replies
The question here is does the golden rule apply when the person in subject will not stop running you over?

Rule: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Example: My ex husbands new girlfriend would not stop texting me rude nasty things even after I told her to leave me alone after I had a conversation with him about something he needed to know. She has been doing this since she met me. Now in his family, it seems the men and women just walk over the weaker (his mom was walked all over by his father and his new wife as well) and I certainly am not going to be walked on.

So I responded finally, and told her the truth - something he and his friends and exes have always told me and that she basically was very stupid to think the way she did and if he picked her it's generally because he wants to be with someone dumber than him (he has a nack for this). He ended up taking the phone away from her and texting me to never message her again(which is what I wanted- her to leave me alone lol). Either way, I know it was mean and I hate to be a bitch but she wouldn't leave me alone and I warned her.
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallingurrl
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:11 PM
Well, though I want to say don't stoop to her level, I'd be tempted to do the same
LisaStiles
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:11 PM
There are two sides to every story. We haven't heard the new girlfriend's point of view.

Post her cell number or email address so we can send her a link to this thread. It wouldn't be fair of us to render an opinion without hearing both sides.
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM
Sometimes you just have to treat people the way they treat you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM
Why don't you just block her?
hammack_linda
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM
That's how I normally am and usually give that advice out but it was just getting annoying.

Quoting fallingurrl: Well, though I want to say don't stoop to her level, I'd be tempted to do the same
ChildOfTheLight
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM
I'd block her number and call it a day.
hammack_linda
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:13 PM
My ex broke his phone so only her phone is his means of contacting our kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Why don't you just block her?
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Let her be aware that you can file a police report for assault by threat and use the text messages as evidence to which she could be arrested and that arrest could call to question the safety of your kids in their home which could then reduce their visitation rights.
hammack_linda
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:14 PM
I wish I could, I have her blocked on facebook though.

Quoting ChildOfTheLight: I'd block her number and call it a day.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 1:15 PM

I don't blame you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)