Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

voluntary termination of rights

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 9 Replies
I just spoke with mh lawyer today. We are going ahead and filing for sole custody. We are putting it on the table that BD cam give up his rights and won't have to pay child support anymore and DH can adopt DS. I know BD won't take court seriously. He's raising another guy's baby. He barely pays the child support he's supposed to. I'm just hoping and praying he just signs his rights over and we can finally be done with this.

If he doesn't sign over his rights, he's going to have to shell out money for the visitation center and travel an hour to get there. He doesn't have his own car. I know he won't even bother for the visitations. We can terminate his rights down the road if that happens but it will be a lot more money.

I have so much on my mind and now I have to take a midterm. Has anyone ever had a BD sign over his rights?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:39 PM
Bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:50 PM

My daughter's bio-dad did when she was 3 so my hubby could adopt her. She's 14 now. Good luck on your midterm!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:53 PM
Thanks lol Was it a quick process since he signed over the rights? Did you guys still have to go to court for anything? I'm so nervous.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

My daughter's bio-dad did when she was 3 so my hubby could adopt her. She's 14 now. Good luck on your midterm!

morgiefae
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM

My Odd's bio dad signed off his rights when she 3, and my exh adopted her. 

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:45 PM
What grounds do you have for sole custody & visits at a visitation center? Just because you request something, doesn't mean it will be granted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:29 PM
There's a history of abuse and neglect. My lawyer was shocked when she saw thr PFA because it was signed by a judge who notoriously denies PFAs except in extreme situations. He's been known to tell people to grow up and just stay away from each other.

Quoting bluebunnybabe: What grounds do you have for sole custody & visits at a visitation center? Just because you request something, doesn't mean it will be granted.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:31 PM

Child support and visitation are two entirely separate issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:35 PM
I know they are. And I'm thankful for that. BD can't say he's paying child support only to keep his rights if it comes down to a court battle.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Child support and visitation are two entirely separate issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 4:44 PM

I wish we could do this for the olders considering the obstacles we've been facing 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)