Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Argument over MY car - I feel he had no right to touch it

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies

So me and my SO got into a big argument today. Over MY car. I had gotten an suv from my dad who recently passed away, so I had 2 cars. My SO's car that he has been driving needs a lot of work that we cannot afford and it is not inspected (he even scraped off the sticker so as to try not to get caught when he drives it). Well, I told him that now because I have 2 cars, I would allow him to use mine occasionally to drive to work if the weather is nasty. It has been parked at my moms for a few days, and he decided last night after our visit to bring it home. Well it was parked in their side yard, and my stepfather had parked his truck behind it. I told him give me a minute, I would run in and ask them to move the truck so that he could pull the car out. He claims he had enough room, and I thought he was squeezing through a different way but instead I watch him pull through the front yard, and up over a hill that we have that is pretty steep onto the road. Not only did he rip out a chunk of grass from their yard, when it hit the road, the exhaust pipe that I had just replaced scraped real hard and he almost took off the front bumper. Well, he claims he did not know it hit the road and scrape, as well as not knowing how steep the hill was. That started a small argument.

Then today, we had an appointment and I was taking my daughter over to my parents' house to visit afterwards and to color easter eggs. My SO said he was gonna drive over later, he wanted to shower, shave and wash dishes before work. I texted him and asked if he was coming right away or later, and to bring something my daughter forgot that she wanted. He said he wasn't coming right away, but soon. 2 hours later I text asking what was going on. He tells me that he vaccumed the living room, showered, was getting ready to do dishes, and cleaned and vaccumed my car. At first I was like, "ok he organized it, got rid of trash and vaccumed. No biggie." But for some reason, I decided to ask him what all he did because it took so long to do everything. He said he cleaned out the entire car of my stuff. Trunk and all. 

I got upset. Very upset. First off I feel he has no right to touch my stuff without telling or asking me (which he did not do). Second, I had stuff in there for a reason, if I wanted stuff out of the car I would have taken care of it and taken it out. He completely cleaned it out. Am I in the wrong for getting so mad over it?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:54 PM
14 moms liked this
I think you're being ridiculous, he cleaned your car say thanks then put your crap back in it and get over it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:57 PM
5 moms liked this
I would be furious. I had an ex rearrange my furniture and organize my closets when I was at work once. I lost my shit on him. I felt like my personal space was invaded.
happinessforyou
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:58 PM
10 moms liked this

You're mad that he cleaned out your pigsty trunk/car, but you are NOT mad that he four-wheeled the shit out your car, scraping the muffler & the bumper???? WTH????

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:58 PM
2 moms liked this

He's a train wreck waiting to happen. Ditch this guy. That is your car, he had no right to do that. That was complete disrespect to you!

olivejuice2
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM
6 moms liked this
You sound like you may be overreacting, but it also sounds like he might be assuming that it's now his de facto car for him use as he pleases.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM
He is taking ownership. Either talk to him about it or let him do what he wants.
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM
5 moms liked this
Yes you are wrong, God you women are ridiculous
momof3inct1967
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM
Do you have kids with him?
He's not the one for you.
Time to evaluate what you are looking for in a partner
jabs54
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM

Depending on what was in the car.  It if was something I wanted to stay in the car "in case" we needed it then yes, I'd tell him to put it back.  It sounds like he doesn't have the best judgement anyway.

So sorry to hear about your dad :(

young_lv_mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Did he clean it out with the thought that he would get the car full time? If anything you two really need to get on the same page.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)