Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not having a degree

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies
Is that a deal breaker for some? Is it for you? If they didn't have a degree but a well paying job, would it still be a deal breaker?

Just curious. DH doesn't have a degree but gets paid more than most. He's a foreman for the linemen's union. He never went to college. He was trained on the job. There was a lot of book work. He just doesn't have a degree.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM
My dh has no degree. He makes a LOT more than I do with my bachelor's.

No career would be a deal breaker, though.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:03 PM

I don't have a degree and have managed to always have a job. Not always great jobs, but I got into an office finally after some years of experience.  My husband makes good money working as a driver for UPS. All he has is a H.S. diploma.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:03 PM
I agree that if they don't have a career, that's a deal breaker. I've just seen women on here that have said no degree is a deal breaker.

Quoting caustinb: My dh has no degree. He makes a LOT more than I do with my bachelor's.

No career would be a deal breaker, though.
ILovemyPaulie
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:04 PM
2 moms liked this

Not important at all. Being a hard worker is.

morgiefae
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Not a deal breaker for me. 

DH is in school now working towards a degree. 

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:05 PM
I have no degree. I've never even stepped foot in a post secondary school and I make more money and am more successfull than most of my friends with degrees. Most of them are in debt up to their eyeballs and don't even work in the field in which they got their degree
jellybeanjean
by All the makeup on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM
My dh is in a skilled trade. He doesn't even have his HS. But he's very good at what he does. I have an Honours degree. So obviously his education didn't matter to me. If he had no skill on top of no education that would not work for me.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM
Degree isn't required.

So many gold diggers!
Does anyone marry for love any more?
NYmama96
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:07 PM
No as long as my husband has a good career I could care less about a degree.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:07 PM
Debt is the reason DH didn't want to go on to college. He was a tree climber just so he could get into the union. I have a decent amount of student loans but I'm lucky to be working in the field that I will be graduating in.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I have no degree. I've never even stepped foot in a post secondary school and I make more money and am more successfull than most of my friends with degrees. Most of them are in debt up to their eyeballs and don't even work in the field in which they got their degree
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)