Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this creepy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
My DH loves kids abd standing in line or in the subway/bus/eatery we will get into conversations with them and their parents if they join in.
I have never thought anything of it but I've noticed some people get very uncomfortable or even shoo their kids away from him.
He doesn't drive (blind in one eye) so he is never alone and DS (6) is always with us so it's not as if he is some creeper talking to kids in the middle of the mall by himself.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalalamama
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:56 PM
In public places and with the parents around, I don't think it's creepy. It's good for kids to learn how to make small talk with adults other then parents and teachers.
TheQueen88
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:56 PM

It wouldn't bother me. I don't think it's creepy. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 2:58 PM
I'm OK with my kids having a conversation with someone if I'm standing right there. I would think they're a little rude if they didn't acknowledge the fact that someone has spoken to them. The only time I stop the conversation is when they start giving put more info than needed or personal info.
PoisonEyeV
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I'd be okay with it as long as my mommy senses didn't pick up a creepy vibe from it.

I catch myself making faces and waving at younger kids especially in carts while standing in check out lines. Not sure I'd ever just go up to them and start talking to them unless they spoke to me first, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM
I hate when strangers talk to my son. I just hate people in general so it might be why. I don't socialize with people I don't well or if they're just some random person ob the street.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:00 PM

I wouldn't find it creepy. I would think they are being friendly.

There's only been one instance where I was at a thrift store and DS was playing with some toys at the end of the aisle I was in, since the toy aisle started there. A man said something to him that I didn't catch but DS immediately came to me and told me a stranger talked to him.  I didn't really find that situation okay since there wasn't a parent right there even though I could see him from where I stood.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:01 PM

Yes, a little creepy.  Honestly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:02 PM
I call people like that "buddies'" and it isn't entirely a positive nick name. Lol. I don't want to get to know everyone in line, and I dislike forced small talk.
caustinb
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:03 PM
It could go either way, really. I'd be kind of annoyed if I needed my kid to pay attention and order food, especially if we had others with us.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:04 PM
I wouldn't see it as creepy. Some people are just uptight.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)