Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nope you have to pay me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies
When my bil got his dogs I tried helping him train them. He cussed me out and they ended up attacking 6 cats and someone else's dog and being put down. Now he has a new dog and is begging me to train it for free...nope last time I tried you cussed me out. You can pay the $100 like everyone else that takes my classes. Now my mil is jumping in saying I'm a bitch and should give free classes to family....if you're an ass to me, family or not, I won't give you free crap....
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:08 PM
Why does family always think any service you offer is free? Drives me nuts! I mean, I'm a very giving person and do a lot for nothing because I enjoy it but I can't stand when people just expect it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:11 PM
Idk my mom didn't even expect me to train her dogs for free. It's just my dh's family for some ungodly reason

Quoting Anonymous 2: Why does family always think any service you offer is free? Drives me nuts! I mean, I'm a very giving person and do a lot for nothing because I enjoy it but I can't stand when people just expect it!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldnt train them even if you got paid because if the dogs end up doing something bad he will blame you and say you didnt train them right. Atleast thats what kind of person he sounds like to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:18 PM
Oh he can blame me all he wants but you have to take 6 of my classes for the full effect. He only wants to take one and thinks it'll be enough so it'll still be on him. First class is basics, second class is fun tricks, 3rd class is obedience. 4th class is advanced basics and so on.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

I wouldnt train them even if you got paid because if the dogs end up doing something bad he will blame you and say you didnt train them right. Atleast thats what kind of person he sounds like to me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:20 PM

I don't blame you.  He was given a freebie and was rude to you.  Maybe if he pays this time around he'll take your services more seriously and will be more respectful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:29 PM

i doubt it. he's only going to take one class when 6 are needed to fully train the dogs.....7 if you want them to learn extra fun tricks

Quoting Anonymous 4:

I don't blame you.  He was given a freebie and was rude to you.  Maybe if he pays this time around he'll take your services more seriously and will be more respectful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:35 PM

bump

WemblyFraggle
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM
I don't blame you one bit, but I would probably do it anyway. Id rather swallow my pride then have another dog put down due to improper training. I couldn't live with myself knowing I could have helped that animal, when the owner has no business having it in the first place. The least I could do is give it a fighting chance
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM

i'm going to but he has to pay me. i have to buy harnesses and leashes. thats why its so expensive for my classes lol most people who come to my classes just have the spikey collars or the chain ones with the spikes that go into the dogs neck, so the deposit allows me to buy the proper gear for them, the fee at the first class is for treats and toys and such to help train them.

Quoting WemblyFraggle: I don't blame you one bit, but I would probably do it anyway. Id rather swallow my pride then have another dog put down due to improper training. I couldn't live with myself knowing I could have helped that animal, when the owner has no business having it in the first place. The least I could do is give it a fighting chance

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:48 PM

$100 for 6 classes? Seems like a good deal! He is just stupid and no you shouldn't have to do it for free. I'm a groomer and I give discounts to family and close friends, but I don't do anything for free. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)