Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have an interview!!!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Right now, I am stuck being a cashier at oh so lovely Walmart.

Almost 6 months ago, I lost my job due to a misunderstanding between coworkers. I was having a conversation with another coworker about something, and a girl who has never liked me over heard it. She took it as directed toward her, ( convo was about haunted houses ) and it cost me my job. I was not the only one that this happened to.

Being a single mom, I needed a job immediately, and took the first one that called, which happened to be Walmart ( it was seriously the only place hiring nearby ). I like my job, don't get me wrong, but I do NOT like the way the employees are treated. It puts food on the table and pays the bills, so I can't complain on that part.

A few weeks ago, I put in my application and resume for a company I have been trying to get on with for a while now. A girl that works there told me I needed experience in that field, and now I have it ( 2+ years experience ). I got a call earlier today from a woman who works there wanting to set up an interview!

She said that they saw my resume, and were very interested in speaking with me! My interview is set for Tuesday, at 9am.

This job is absolutely perfect. Benefits, every single weekend off, home by 6pm, a literal 9 to 5 work week, and doing something I love doing and am a pro at. Only fault is it could be a 45 minute drive to and from work, which isn't really a bad thing, considering I used to have an over hour long drive with an old job I had.

Please ladies, wish me luck. I want this job so bad. I would get to be home with my kiddo every single night, no more odd hours, and I would actually HAVE hours....not anymore 24 hour work weeks....I would have a full 40 hour week! Please ladies.....wish me luck!

BTW....the woman that called me said they are only doing interviews for a select few. She said they are only doing them for a couple hours on Tuesday morning, and mine is the first one. I know it's a week away, but I am already so nervous!!
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:09 PM

Good Luck! Make sure you do your research and have answers prepared.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:10 PM
My kiddo wants me to get this job so badly too. She actually told me to please take it if I got it even if I do have to drive a bit farther.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! I will. I know it helps that I already know their line of business like the back of my hand. It just scares me that I may not get it. I want a better job so I can get my kiddo off this state insurance crap and be able to take her places and not have to be worried about paying bills, ya know?

Quoting Pink.Sunshine:

Good Luck! Make sure you do your research and have answers prepared.

cbkmom3
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:17 PM

That's great! Wishing you all the best, and that you get it.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:17 PM

Mobile Photo

SneezyAl
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:19 PM
Wishing you the best and hoping you get the job!
bcoll
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:20 PM
Good luck! What is the job?
Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:24 PM

Best of luck to you!  Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:26 PM
It's a loan agent. I did this line of work for over 2 years and absolutely loved it. I thoroughly enjoyed coming into work every day and knowing that I was helping people who needed it, and seeing the look of happiness on peoples face when they got the help they needed made my day.

I applied for this company a few years ago, and was told by an acquaintance that I needed experience. Well, now I have over 2 years experience and apparently it paid off!

Quoting bcoll: Good luck! What is the job?
bcoll
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:29 PM
I wish you luck and all the best.

Quoting Anonymous 1: It's a loan agent. I did this line of work for over 2 years and absolutely loved it. I thoroughly enjoyed coming into work every day and knowing that I was helping people who needed it, and seeing the look of happiness on peoples face when they got the help they needed made my day.

I applied for this company a few years ago, and was told by an acquaintance that I needed experience. Well, now I have over 2 years experience and apparently it paid off!

Quoting bcoll: Good luck! What is the job?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)