Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

disrespectful beach kids

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 14 Replies
We were leaving the beach earlier and we see some kids(maybe 8-10 yo) playing on the sand dunes.

An older lady who was walking on to the beach told them they shouldn't play up there. One kid looked at her and said "who are YOU?" And just continued playing..

I know it was disrespectful but I laughed. Lmao

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:25 PM
So you're kind of a brat.
LisaStiles
by on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
that kid sounds like a son of a beach
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:32 PM
In this case, I suppose. The kids or old woman didn't see or hear me though.

It was just a shocking response imo. Rarely do I hear strangers chastising children and even more rarely do I hear the kids retort back...it was like a sitcom scene LOL

Quoting Anonymous 2: So you're kind of a brat.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:35 PM
I had a kid, maybe 3 or 4, ask me * who the hell do you think you are ? * one day. Her parents busted out laughing. I simply smiled, looked at her, and said * I think my name is ______. What is your name? *

Kid looked shocked, and parents shut up laughing.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM

How is it disrespectful? It was a simple question. I dont see why she needed to say anything to them in the first place.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:40 PM
A kid around that age told my ex he was weird looking and gross when we went to the beach.
SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM

I am the lady who yells at kids on dunes.  It's clearly marked not to walk on them etc. and  they are needed to protect people's homes and property.  Had I had kids be total brats like that I would have called the local police to come on down and fine the parents.  

shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM
Some witch made my 8yo cry the other day at the beach. I wish I had seen her so I could tell her to mind her own damn business
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:47 PM

I would've busted out laughing. 

I once had an older lady try to correct my oldest DD. She was sitting in the buggy and she reached for an item while my back was turned. The lady said something like you should ask your mother first. I heard her ask the question and I turned around just in time for my dd to tell her to mind her own business. I couldn't help but giggle, yep that is MY child. I let her get it anyways, it was the fruit roll ups she had been asking for. 

SRUsarahSC
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:47 PM

Dunes provide protection for the homes and businesses behind them and help hold the beach during storms.  They also are homes to many of the wildlife.  In my area signs are everywhere to stay off the dunes and you can get arrested or fined for being on them.  I live by the ocean and when I see people playing on them  despite all the signs, I sure do say something.  

Quoting Seagodess:

How is it disrespectful? It was a simple question. I dont see why she needed to say anything to them in the first place.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)