Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You're supposed to give gifts on Easter?!?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 173 Replies
I honestly never knew Easter was a gift giving hokiday for kids! I mean, I never really celebrate easter until I married by husband (I'm Jewish, he was a southern baptist but he's not really religious). We just do Easter because dh likes to relive his childhood (and because the kids love it)
They get a chocolate bunny, some chocolate mini eggs, and some plastic dollar store eggs with random toys inside. We also do a little picnic but that's about it :-)

Does your denomination do gifts on Easter?
Just curious
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:38 PM
My denomination? No, the Methodists don't demand I give gifts on Easter lol. I do give my kids a gift in their Easter basket, but that has nothing to do with our church. I just like getting gifts for my kids.
mama_danetta
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM
We just do Easter baskets with candy and fun little things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM
I'm southern Baptist, dh is independent Baptist. Growing up we got Easter baskets with a bunny & some eggs full of candy & we would do Easter egg hunts. It's not really supposed to be about the massive amounts of money spent on gifts.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM
We are not religious. We celebrate what we want. Our children get Easter baskets. Just like hubby did as a kid. A few little things.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM
Also, do you guys not eat meat on good Friday? My SIL she said you're not supposed to but dh said he never heard of that
wakymom
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:41 PM

We're Catholic. The Easter Bunny leaves the kids some candy and one smallish gift each.

kewimom
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM
I was raised Baptist. My mom always bought us out 1st new Summer outfit. Shorts and shirt.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM

I was raised a Protestant mutt, and we mostly got a chocolate bunny and hunted for eggs every year.  

We're atheists now and still do egg hunts and a little candy for fun.  I don't get why people buy a bunch of gifts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:43 PM

That's more of a Catholic thing than other denominations.

Quoting Anonymous 1: Also, do you guys not eat meat on good Friday? My SIL she said you're not supposed to but dh said he never heard of that

Gorilla_Mama
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM
We're not religious. We do Easter for the fun and the bunny so yeah our kids get baskets
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)