Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Herpes...On Your Chest?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

Have you ever heard of that?

That's what my son's doctor told me the bumps on his chest were.

Obviously it's not the STD herpes, it's the kind almost everyone has that causes cold sores.

I googled and I did find some pics of them being in other areas.

She said put Neosporin or Abreva on them, and they looked like they were already clearing up to her.

I put Neosporin on them and they look better and he hasn't had any new bumps since I did that.

Anyone else experience this?

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:39 PM
I haven't heard of that, here's a bump.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM

There was a kid in HS who ended up getting herpes on his face from the wrestling mat.  I guess you could get them anywhere on your body. 

Chelsey191
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:42 PM
What do you think chicken pox is?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:43 PM

I kinda feel like maybe he got it from me and I feel bad. I know I have it, but I only get like maybe one or two cold sores a year, usually around my mouth.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

There was a kid in HS who ended up getting herpes on his face from the wrestling mat.  I guess you could get them anywhere on your body. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:44 PM

What's the difference?

She said it's not chicken pox. And he hasn't had any new bumps.

Quoting Chelsey191: What do you think chicken pox is?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:46 PM

More than likely he did.  Please dont take it the wrong way.  Hopefully the ointments work fast! :)

Quoting Anonymous 1:

I kinda feel like maybe he got it from me and I feel bad. I know I have it, but I only get like maybe one or two cold sores a year, usually around my mouth.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:48 PM
Cold sores are the std herpes.

You can also get the "std herpes virus" on other parts of your body (eyes, nose, fingers, leg, vagina, and anywhere that has an open wound and the virus comes in contact with).

Chicken pox is also a form of herpes, although not the std type.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:49 PM

Is that the same kind you can get from wrestling mats?  There was some story recently about some kid who got herpes on his face from wrestling.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:50 PM
I got shingles before and freaked out when the paperwork mentioned herpes, I had no idea shingles were herpes until I asked the nurse lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Mar. 22, 2016 at 3:52 PM

My BIL caught herpes on his shoulder from high school wrestling.   He had to take bleach baths through the season and was on an antiviral to prevent reoccurances and spreading anything.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)